Chapter 1

"I swear you make me wish you weren't my father!"

That's me...yelling at my dad. Unfortunately for me, he was both my history teacher and a well-known multimillionaire who thought he had to be around 24/7. Fortunately, there wasn't anyone else around to know that he's my father. Wouldn't want all the girls to think I have daddy issues. Who knows what they might say about me then?

He had stopped me, because apparently I was hanging out with the wrong group of students. We're in high school, no one hangs with the right group. Even the nerds do things a nerd wouldn't usually do. Why did it have to be me whose dad was both rich and famous, yet he chose to become a teacher and watch over his daughter? Why?!

"Why can't you just be my dad at home, huh?" I questioned. In all honesty, I wish he would just pretend that I don't exist here at school. Which meant no calling on me in class. I turned to walk out when he called my name. At least he wasn't yelling.

"Lily..." he said.

"...What?" I snapped.

"Don't you ever disrespect me anywhere you are. I don't care how uncomfortable you may be right now. Yell again and I'll show you what your pretty little mouth can do."

"You're disgusting," I growled and turned on my heel.

"Don't you go anywhere," he growled back. "I am not finished with you."

I stopped where I was. I was just right there at the door! One step and I could run away from him. He couldn't do anything until we got home. Dad walked around me and pushed me back into the classroom. No! I was just this close to freedom.

"Disrespect me once again and you can stop shaking your behind for the football team," he threatened.

"You can't do that," I exclaimed. "I never get anything I want when you're around!"

"...Lily...unfortunately, I give you everything you want." His voice lowered to a near guttural sound. "Believe me, when I stop, you're gonna wish I had gone easy on you."

He couldn't do anything to me. Mom would not allow him to touch me. I raised my hand, slapped him, and stormed out of the classroom. That man was a pain in the arse. All he ever did was control me. I got enough of his stupid dad behavior at home. What made him think that I wanted to go through the same thing at school? Any other girl would be happy to have her father work at her school. Especially if he was a multimillionaire who treated her like his own wife.

I didn't trust my own feet to work any longer, so I took the elevator down to the first floor. Anatomy class wouldn't start until first lunch was over, so I had at least twenty minutes left to myself. When I walked into the classroom, Mrs. Choi looked up from her phone and frowned.

"Honey, why aren't you at lunch?" she asked.

Mrs. Choi was a really nice woman. She was probably the only other person in this school who knew that my dad worked here and was a multimillionaire. She had just gotten married before moving here this year. I trusted her with my secrets and so far she's lived up to her promises. Her husband is a really nice guy, too. He owns a bakery chain and often comes to bring her food during her lunch break. I could see that he was late today. That rarely happens.

"I'm not in the mood for food," I muttered and threw my bag on the lab table. "I see your husband hasn't come yet."

"He's a little late today. Do you want to share with me today, hon?"

She was so nice. Like a mom away from home.

"I don't think I can actually stomach anything."

"You're saying that now. Just wait until he comes in. You can't resist the smell."