Chapter 10

Hoseok POV

I haven't seen Jisoo since that night in the gym. She had class with the other coaches for the last three days.

I hung around the cafeteria during lunch, hoping to catch a glance of her but I never did. She must be eating somewhere else.

I don't know why I want to see her so badly. It just messes with my mind a little knowing that she is in the same building but not with me.

I know I shouldn't let myself become attached of one of the trainees since they could get eliminated at any time, but for some reason I can't help it when it comes to her.

I was supposed to coach B class today, but Kahi asked to switch with me since she wants to see how some of the trainees are doing after she had them a few days ago.

Kahi was supposed to have C class today. That means I'll get to see Jisoo. Excitement bubbles in my stomach and I can't help but smile as I walk to the dance studio.

When I open the door, all of the girls immediately turn to bow and say hello.

"Good morning," I reply as my eyes finally find Jisoo in the group. She smiles brightly at me.

She looks different today. I'm not sure what it is but she looks prettier, happier. I decide to look away before I get caught staring.

"How are you all? Have you been practicing hard?" They all shout various forms of yes. I smile and nod my head.

"Good, because ranking reevaluations are tomorrow. You all are going to move up to A class so that you get to be on the center stage for the theme song performance right?"

They all shout yes again.

"Okay, show me how you guys have improved. Groups of six please." I say, leaning against the mirror to watch.

After the first few groups go, I am content. Most of them have improved. Seohyun has gotten much better. I expect her to move up to A class.

Unfortunately, some girls haven't gotten better. I get a little frustrated at that. Why haven't they been practicing harder? Are they not taking this seriously?

The next six step into the center of the floor. Jisoo is one of them. A mix of nervousness and excitement fill me. She was nervous the first two times I have watched her dance, but now she has had days to become comfortable. I will finally get to see her perform to her full potential.

Or so I thought.

Shortly after the music started, I noticed that her dancing looked weird. It just didn't carry the right vibe. She seemed out of place amongst the other dancers.

The beginning of the choreography was the part she was actually good at last rehearsal, so why is it bad now? Did she not practice?

I feel my body heat up with fear. She has to do better or she is going to get eliminated, and I really want her to debut. I know from her dance audition that she can be an amazing dancer if she wants to be, so she must just not care enough. She is treating this like a joke. What a waste of talent.

I find myself tensing up as the harder part with the drops and jump come up. If the beginning was bad, this is probably going to be disastrous, since she struggled with it last time.

But it wasn't. It actually looked really powerful and clean. This just makes me even more mad because it clearly shows that she just wasn't trying in the beginning.

After the song ends, I have to bite my tongue until I have controlled my thoughts. I start by addressing the other trainees, telling them where they did well and where they didn't.