Chapter 12

**Hoseok just posted the pic above on twitter after the fan meet in Busan and I was shook. He is breathtaking <3

Hoseok POV

"Jisoo!" Seohyun screams as she runs over to the limp girl. Dohee scrambles forwards as well. Seohyun cradles Jisoo's head in her lap, slapping her cheek gently. Dohee is begging her to wake up. Both of them look terrified with tears in their eyes. Seohyun struggles to stand up with Jisoo in her arms, and that's when I finally snap out of my trance.

I rush forward, quickly taking Jisoo from Seohyun. She is so light, I barely notice her in my arms.

"I've got her, let go," I nearly shout when Seohyun tries to stop me.

"You're the one who pushed her to this point and now you care?" Her words cut through me. Did I do this to her? I never would have pushed her so hard if I knew she would collapse.

"Just get the door for me," I command. She does as I ask, but with an irritated scowl on her face.

It takes a few minutes to get to the medical center because it is on the other side of the facility. When I burst through the door, the doctor is quick to set up a gurney for her.

I gently set her down and then explain to the doctor what happened.

"Okay, just calm down and wait here. I'll start some tests," the doctor says soothingly. Calm down? Is he serious? She is unconscious right now! But I do as I'm told because what else can I do?

It feels like I've been sitting in the waiting room for days when the doctor comes back, but it's probably only been a couple hours. He has a grimace on his face and I feel my heart drop.

"Oh my god, is she okay? What happened?" My head is throbbing as I imagine all of the worst case possibilities.

"She is stable, just sleeping right now. You can stay with her if you want, but I need to talk to you first," he says as he leads me into her room. If she is fine, why does he seem so upset?

When we step into the room, my eyes immediately go to her. Even though she is sleeping, she looks anything but peaceful. She looks sick...

"As coaches, you all have a responsibility to these girls to make sure they are healthy and safe. I don't know how none of you have noticed the poor condition that Jisoo is in. She is incredibly malnourished. According to our earlier records, she has lost 4 kg (~9 lbs) since the start of the show (~1 week). I bet she hardly eats a meal per day. It also looks like she rarely sleeps. With how physically demanding this show is, I am shocked she hadn't passed out earlier. And none of this is even the worst part," he pauses to move by Jisoo's side.

I try to get myself to follow, but my mind is in overdrive trying to process this information. My eyes fly to Jisoo's face again. Now I notice that the chubbiness I used to think was cute is gone. How did I not see it before?

"Wh-what is the worst part? What could possibly be worse?" I ask with a strained voice.

"Look for yourself," he says moving Jisoo's gown slightly to the side to reveal her left hip and thigh.

It doesn't even look human. It's swollen, painted dark purple with bruises. My eyes don't miss the thick red scar that runs down her side.

I collapse into one of the chairs against the wall. All I can think about is pain. She must have been in so much pain.

"H-how... I-I don't, I don't understand. What happened?"

"I had to request her medical files from the general hospital because she didn't report the injury in her audition file. She was hit by a car a few months before the show started. The doctor over there told me that her parents refused to pay for physical therapy so her hip and leg never healed right. They wouldn't even pay for pain medication. The poor child was born to very selfish parents. She has to be the toughest girl I know. Too tough for her own good. She needs to realize that her body is suffering. The doctor said she would probably never dance again, so I am not sure how or why she is here, but -" he explains but I cut him off.