Chapter 14

Jisoo POV

The car ride back to the training center is a lot quieter than the ride to his dorm. I try asking what is wrong, but he just ignores me. I eventually give up on talking to him, deciding to eat some of the leftovers instead.

As we walk inside together, I turn to go to one of the practice studios. Suddenly he breaks the silence.

"Where are you going?" He still sounds annoyed.

"To practice?" I say confused. Wasn't that the plan?

"No. We are doing your physical therapy right now and then you need to go to bed," he argues.

"What? You said I could practice more after dinner. The performance is tomorrow!" I say nervously.

"I changed my mind. And exactly, you need to take care of yourself and get a lot of sleep so you can perform well," he sighs irritatedly.

"Hoseok sunbae!" I whine.

"So you use oppa with Jimin, but not me? Do you not feel close with me even after everything I have done for you?" he says, anger flashing through his eyes.

"What?" Is this what he is upset about?

"No, I'm sorry. Of course I appreciate what you've done for me. It's just... You're my coach," I try to explain.

"And because I'm your coach, we can't be close?" he asks.

"Well... you kind of intimidate me," I admit honestly.

"Why do I - whatever. It doesn't matter. Physical therapy. Bed. Let's go," he says. He almost seems sad now. I don't think I will ever understand his emotions with how quickly they change.

"Fine, whatever," I concede.

I let him lead me back to the medical center. Despite my annoyance about not being able to practice right now, I am excited to get real physical therapy.

"Hoseok oppa?" I say from behind him as we are walking. He stops and turns around, looking annoyed again.

"Just because you call me that now doesn't mean I'll let you practice," he scoffs.

"That's not what I was going to say... I just wanted to say thank you for looking after me and paying for my rehabilitation. I'm not used to having someone take care of me because my parents definitely never did. I know I can be difficult sometimes and I'm sorry. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, I am just scared to get too comfortable with you in case you leave me too..." I ramble while looking at my hands clasped in front of me.

I just planned on saying thank you, but once I started talking my words just kept pouring out. I'm too embarrassed to look up. I shouldn't have said anything, he probably feels uncomfortable now.

But then I suddenly feel his fingers trail across my cheek to under my chin. He lifts my face to meet his eyes which don't hold any anger anymore. His lips turn up in a shy smile that makes my heart flutter.

"You don't have to thank me or apologize. As long as you try your hardest, I will never leave," he says reassuringly, before releasing my chin.

I feel warm all over as we start walking again. The air feels lighter between us now, so I am glad that I said something even if it was a little embarrassing.

*****

"I thought physical therapy was supposed to make me feel better, not worse," I groan as I do one of the exercises.

"It will feel better in the long run. It's going to hurt a lot while you're doing it," he doctor laughs lightly.

"Ughhhh," I sigh as I lie back on my mat.