2.0

harry chapter!

The house was tired. Chipped wallpaper almost slouching, roof seeming to cave as the dimly lit home slowly submitted to the darkness guaranteed by lack of lighting. The boy walked in with a radiant glow, one that ceased as he took sight the conditions of the property. It was saddening, and he felt a lump merge from within his throat as he caught glimpse of it all before him. Instantly, it felt as if all the life was sucked out of him.

Now he had to stay in this house, alone and depressed.

-

Outside, Harry watched as his boy entered the property before driving out. Reaching to turn on the radio, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket as it indicated an incoming call. He was unable to predict what the interruption of his lunch break could truly be for, but he hoped that he wasn't going to face any reprimanding from his COO about the change in schedule. Taking the device from his slacks, he checked the ID only to furrow his eyebrows. Why was his lawyer calling during this time?

"Hello?" He spoke, connecting to the Bluetooth as he remained in motion, his direction heading back towards the office. "Jeff, what's wrong?" The curly haired man could only hear the other take a deep breath before sighing heavily, and instantly his chest grew in worry as his eyes transitioned from a soft gaze to a firm one, the usual look he wore when in regards to business.

"Harry, I'm not gonna lie—" the usage of his first name forced him to lose control for a moment as his foot leaned a little to heavy on the gas pedal, immediately the engine of the luxurious car roaring as it began to speed up. For the sake of his own safety, the CEO decided to pull over to an empty lot. "This seems to be quite complicated. I am unsure how it'll pan out, even if we end up proving our innocence."

"What? With Taylor? I thought this was handled."

"Well," the other line went flat for a moment before the lawyer continued, "I did too. However, this woman has gathered some of the biggest lawyers in the country, and somehow she gathered footage of you emerging from what seems to be an unlit hallway and approaching her swiftly before the tape blanks."

"I believe it when you tell me nothing happened, but have it be this used in court it seems to imply the actions accused. Everything is proper too, it all lined up with her story."

"In the end, the only good part of this is that she's re-filed it as harassment instead of assault, as well as the fact that it's yet to enter federal court. Right now, it's filed as an Administrative Charge, hence why the company was notified instead of you solely."

The English man groaned before slamming his forehead on the wheel of his car, unable to constrain the frustration and anger boiling up inside of his being. "Even though you included a 'good' part, nothing sounds like such."

"All we can do is prepare for any damage and seek to see if the charge will be denied or not."

Quietly, the two men both pondered over solutions. Harry understood that no matter what, the company will have to face damage towards the reputation. It has branched out in multiple sectors, headquarters all over the world, but having an accusation in the largest base causes hurt to the name in general. He comprehended the fact, however, it was his emotional side, the one that held much pride and joy towards all he's built, that made him sadden at the idea of taking any negative response as a result of some falsified claim. "I think we have to gather insight on the approval of this before it gets out to the public. Can you contact anyone with the offices?"

From the other line he heard Azoff chuckle sarcastically, seeming half amused and the other half stressed as he responded with a simple: "It's funny really, because one of the executives of the EEOC is someone you managed to sleep with... and never call back."