Chapter 5: Familiar

Once again, if you are reading, and you like it, thanks <3

~Varians POV~

Via stood completely silent, unsure of what to say. "I- I just-." "If you cared about me at all, then you would have helped me!" Varian yelled, tears welling up. "If you didn't already know, I'm a criminal in Corona right now! I've done, just, evil things!" "Varian, your not a criminal, your a kid.
A kid who lost his way."
Varian looked up at Via, holding back more tears. "This is your chance at redemption. The princess and king are upstairs waiting for you." "Redemption? I don't really want redemption, I want revenge... He thought to himself. "Do you know why?" Varian shook his head gently. Via vent down to his level, looking at him right in the eye. "It's because I know you are connected to the Moon Opal. And we need to prove it." "But, but why does that matter?" Varian sniffed. "Well, we need someone connected to the Moon Opal in order to defeat Cassandra." She half grinned. "Come on, let's go." "Wait, defeat Cassandra? Isn't she good?" Varian asked confused, until suddenly, a flash went through his mind.

Out of nowhere, he was, somewhere else. He looked down to himself, controlling a giant robot, a robot he built to kill. "Wha, wait.. where am I?" But looking through the thin glass, he could finally see it. In the fists of his creation, Queen Arianna And Cass were being squished, compressed together. "How do I.. why am I.. how do I stop this?" He thought worrying, as he seemed to grip harder on the controls. "No, no, no, why am I doing this again?" He thought harder and harder. "How do I stop it?" He closed his eyes, and in another flash, he was back. "Varian, what just happened?" Via asked, a concerned look on her face. "I, I dunno. I was just, just taken back, to a moment..." Varian muttered, confused and dizzy, as if everything around him was swirling.

"Are you okay Varian?" Via asked. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. So uh how do you plan on proving I'm connected to the Moonstone?" Via frowned, but continued. "I have an idea, I'll tell you on the way." Via gestured for Varian to follow her, as they continued down the darkly lit corridor, other prisoners giving them weird looks. Rudiger climb up onto Varians shoulder, as he knew he would need him. Varian smiles, but looked down, staying silent the whole time. At the very end, asking Via "Am.. am I coming back down here?" Fear and dread squeaked through his voice. "Let's hope not..." Via replied as they continued up the stone steps.