Chapter 1

Knock knock!

"Ugh..." You groan, rolling out of bed and falling on the floor. Quickly you get up and run downstairs, to the door. Without hesitation you open it to see the mailman.

"Hey there (Y/N)!" He grins while holding out the mail to you.

"Sup Jerry," You reply taking the mail and giving him a tired farewell. The door was shut as soon as he turned around.

Taking duty of resident of the (L/N) household, you sorted the mail until you found the one piece labeled (Y/N) (L/N). Curiously, you opened the envelope to see a request letter.

(Y/N) (L/N),

We've looked at your test scores from this year and see that you have reached the top percentile of your country, we've also been noted to your outstanding performance in your music classes. You have great potential and we would be honored to have you be part of our school, your talent will be developed more and you will be more intellectually challenged at our school. All housing and transportation costs will be covered if you choose our school, you will be assigned a language tutor as soon as you get here, scheduling will be discussed later. Give us an answer by June 22.

Please consider,

Universe High School Board

You get done reading the letter with wide eyes and look at the return address.

"Korea?!" You shriek in absolute confusion. Within seconds your (barely) older sister, Trinity, rushes downstairs.

"Who finna die?!" She yells, annoyance plastered on her face. Once she sees you frozen with a letter, she sighs with relief, then gets annoyed again.

"Damn, you don't have to scream over a letter," She huffs before storming back upstairs, leaving you alone with the letter of a lifetime. I just have to wait until my dad gets home so I can talk to him about it, I really hope he understands.

~

It's 10:34 at night and your dad has calmed down from his stressful work day, he's sitting on the couch while watching some movie.

"Hey dad? Can I talk to you about something?" You ask timidly since you're so anxious, but he pauses the movie and watches you sit down on another couch. 

Taking a deep breath, you begin, "I got a request letter from a school and it's far away, but they're paying for everything so you don't have to". He smiles as tears prick the corners of his eyes, "Oh my god sweetie I'm so proud of you! Where is it?" Oh no, why did he have to ask that? "Korea," you whisper.

"Where?"

"Korea," You say louder.

You've never seen your dad that shocked before, so you continue, "It'll be a good opportunity for me, they said that they would help me improve my musical and intellectual talent, plus it's a prestigious there, so it's a really good place, and I'll be away from mom so she won't bother me anymore".

"Let me think about it," Your dad said with a sigh. You couldn't believe it, he'd think about it. Within seconds you collapsed on the ground and started to cry out of happiness.

~

You were in your room listening to the latest hits and singing along lazily while looking at your ceiling. Then, your dad came in and sighed, "You can go to that school in Korea," He hesitated then continued, "I just want the best for you and if sending you off to a school on the other side of the world is going to give you the best opportunities available to you then you can go to it".

You didn't know it, but that was where your whole life changed.