Chapter 21

A sudden groan comes from the floor that you know all too well.

Your moment with Shinwon is ruined by Hongseok waking up loudly. Hongseok grumbles something. The boy that's affectionately close to you hesitantly let's go of your body and gets up. It almost disappoints you that he releases you from his warmth.

Shinwon starts going through the kitchen to make breakfast, it's a domestic sight, but enough to make your heart pound and a soft smile to form. You think to yourself about the scene, it's something you'd like to see every morning. Any reasonable female would love to see this, an attractive guy making breakfast. It's simple, but simplicity is worth admiring.

Hongseok drops on the couch now that it can fit him, this breaks you out of your thoughts and look at him with a chuckle. His hair is everywhere and he looks at you with his puppy dog eyes. Teasing him, you give him the same eyes back which only makes the muscular boy whine jokingly. He looks at his phone and his eyebrows jump.

"It's six forty-seven?!"

It takes a second to understand the statement, but when you do, a small panic invades your mind. You all only have an hour to get to school. Thinking back to your memories from last year, that's usually enough time, but it's different now. 

"Calm down Hongseok, we should be fine. It's only a fifteen-minute walk from here to the school," Your words seem to do the trick to calm Hongseok down a bit. He looks over to Shinwon who is patiently waiting for the toast to pop out the toaster and says something that sounds like a question. The boy standing up nods and hums approvingly which prompts Hongseok to go to his friend's room.

Lazily, you stretch and yawn, your muscles feeling soothed. 

"Shinwon," You call, stretching out the "o" in his name. He looks over and hums to see what you want, but you just giggle. The boy chuckles softly and goes back to his toast which on cue pops out with a loud "ching!". It must be older and in need of a good clean you think to yourself while smiling at him.

Suddenly you remember that you too have to get ready for the day and excuse yourself from the apartment. Going into your place felt chilly as you forgot to turn off the A/C, which you knew would be a bad deal once Mr. Park sees the monthly bill a little higher than usual. With a sigh, you turn it off as you walk to your room.

Getting ready, you start to get excited about the day. It's always difficult with the language barrier, but it's so exciting to be given this opportunity that most people don't get. You take a moment to appreciate everything you have at that moment, great friends, a good education, a caring family, and an unforgettable experience. Tears well up in your eyes and you question if you deserve all of this, what have you done to receive everything you have?

A knock interrupts your thoughts and you quickly rush to open the door. The two boys are standing there prepared for the day, looking down at you with caring smiles. You smile at them and close your door, "Let's go!".

The walk to school was full of conversation and laughs, enjoying the time before you were forced to learn. Since you all ended up getting to school early students were talking in the front of the school in their cliques. Your small group's entrance quieted everyone into whispers, the students staring at you laughing with the two boys. All the looks made you feel uncomfortable and your smile fell.

The rest of your newfound friends stood right in the center having a conversation of their own until they sighted you with Hongseok and Shinwon.

"What's up, guys?" Hui said giving us finger guns with a huge smile. Someone must be a morning person you thought, your mood improving again. Wooseok says something that makes everyone laugh and you assume it's one of his smart remarks. Changgu seems to remind the group of something as they all make a sound of realization.

Hongseok turns to you with a smile, "Do you want to hang out with us after school today?"

"Am I welcome to?" You ask, not sure if it's okay. The boy looks at the rest of the group who all give nods of approval with kind smiles.

"You're our friend now, one of us," He assures genuinely. A warm feeling spreads throughout your chest and a huge smile appears on your face. 

"Of course I'll join you guys!" The entire group erupts in cheers which makes you giggle.

~

As the school day comes to an end, you rush to the front gates to wait for your friends, a smile plastered on your face. However, a familiar face decides to bother you some.

The tall, rude boy from your first day strides toward you, his seemingly forever emotionless expression looking right at you.

"(Y/N)"

~

If you haven't seen my announcement on my profile, I'm ceasing to write any more fanfiction. I will finish this story and another one I'm writing currently. I apologize.