Chapter 14

She's by far the prettiest person you've seen since you've been in Korea. Her long, dark brown hair bounces as she leans towards you and smiles with her perfect teeth and full lips.

"Hello, I'm Hyuna!" The girl introduces herself and you smile back, finally someone else who speaks English.

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you. By the way, you're really pretty!" Hyuna giggles and blushes a little.

"Thank you! You're really pretty yourself," You both laugh a little then she continues, "Are you here with Hongseok?"

"Yeah, I was in a bad mood, so he took me here,"

"The playboy took you to get coffee?" She looks surprised.

"I guess so?" You look at her confused.

"You don't know about Pentagon's reputation?"

"Well considering I don't know Korean that well and I'm not only new to the school I go to, but new to this side of the world too, no I don't,"

"Oh, that makes more sense now,"

"Who is Pentagon?"

"Yang Hongseok and Kang Hyunggu, but he goes by Kino, are playboys, Lee Hwi Teak, but goes by Hui, is the leader, Jo Jinho covers up for the group, Jung Wooseok is the youngest, Ko Shinwon, but nobody knows anything about him, Adachi Yuto is the newest member, Yeo Changgu, but goes by Yeo One, is the smart one, Yanan can make anyone do anything with just his looks, and Hyojong, but he goes by E'Dawn, is the ex-leader, no one knows what happened to him,"

All of this new information hits you and makes you confused. How could these seemingly nice guys be such terrible people? "I know all of them except for Hyojong or 'E'Dawn'," You use finger quotes for his nickname and lean forward, wanting to know more about the guys you just met.

"Here's my number, text me later and I'll tell you more," She slides her number that's been scribbled on a piece of napkin towards me and gets up, "I hope your day gets better!" You exchange smiles with her and watch her walk away.

Hongseok comes your way with two cups and a charming smile, setting the drinks down and plopping down across from you, "Sorry for making you wait,"

"It's okay," You smile at him and take a sip of your drink.

Neither of you speak, enjoying a comfortable silence with your thoughts. With this, you take a moment to process what Hyuna said. You just met her, but you also just met all these guys, however, you know the guys more.

How can Hongseok be a playboy? He's the softest person you've ever met, especially the way he looked at you earlier when you said you almost regretted your decision. All of the guys are so great, like the way Hui welcomed you the moment you landed in Korea, how Shinwon let you eat dinner with him, stay over, and shared his umbrella. How Hongseok is patient with you while teaching you, shows you around the city, and did a lot to make a good first impression. Even how they all happily welcomed you to their friend group and the way Changgu gave you a reassuring smile.

There's no way they can be bad people.