Chapter 23

Your heart beats a little faster with the small contact and you're happy that you get to spend this moment with him. The moment is so rudely interrupted by the same waiter putting your drinks on the table, his smile is cockier this time around. The waiter says something to you, probably witty from the tone, that makes Changgu snap.

He gets up from his seat and glares right into the eyes of the guy who pissed him off, saying something menacingly. Changgu then sits next to you and places his arm around your shoulders. The waiter walks away, a mix of emotions and thoughts going through his mind.

The boy next to you removes his arm from your space and apologizes which you forgive him, not completely understanding the situation, but trusting him. He goes over to the spot across from you again and smiles to reassure you that everything was fine since he sorted it out. You silently sip on your soda while thinking about the whole situation that just happened in front of your eyes. Did they used to be friends, but something happened?

You sigh, not sure about how to feel. On one hand, you feel you should be relieved that nothing escalated, but you don't understand what's happening. On the other hand, you feel you should be worried since Changgu could be going through a hard time or still stuck on a rough patch. The boy in front of you stays quiet for a while while you're left to juggle different theories and drink your soda. At least the sun coming through the window warms you up.

The sound of the door opening isn't a sound you pay attention to, after all, it is a restaurant. However, when you hear a bunch of boys laughing and being a little rowdy, you know exactly who it is. You smile knowing the lingering tension will subside and you'll have a lot more fun than sitting in a booth too big for two people, drinking watered-down soda.

The boys run over once they see your smiling face, so you scoot over into the middle of the half-circle booth to give them room to sit. Changgu did the same and he's now he's so close your shoulders are almost touching. You two look at each other and lightly laugh. Hongseok sits down next to you and gives you a smile that you politely return.

Everyone is conversing, laughing, and enjoying themselves, even Changgu seems to have lightened up. That's when the same waiter comes over, you could feel Changgu tense up. Hui took the initiative to order for everyone, the waiter seemed to be a lot more polite. Even more questions arise in your mind and you try to find something that could help you. An idea pops into your mind, all of the guys are familiar with each other, so you can just ask one of them.

You look over to Hongseok and give his sleeve a small tug. He looks over at you questioningly and hums in response. "Can I talk to you tonight?" You ask, keeping a quieter tone.

"Of course you can, just give me a call,"

"Thank you,"

"Anytime," He finishes and goes back to listening to the other members who are having a playful argument, waiting for a short silence. When the moment comes, he speaks up, and everyone smiles and nods.

"Can I borrow your phone for a minute?" You nod, not understanding at first and handing him your phone. He hands it to Wooseok who's at the end and has long arms. Wooseok pulls up the camera app and holds out your phone to get everyone in the picture. Everyone does a small pose, you make a peace sign for the first picture and a heart that Changgu finishes for the second.

Wooseok keeps your phone for a minute, typing something on what looks to be Instagram. He passes it to all the members who type something short. When you get the phone finally it's full of both English and Hangul. You smile and finish the caption with 'Meet my new friends!' before posting it.

Everyone is smiling, it's a good moment.