Chapter 13

As you stare at the pouring rain, people rush by you with their umbrellas. You sigh and walk out into the rain, accepting your misfortune. The raindrops hit you only lightly, so it doesn't actually bother you that much. Walking only a few steps into the rain, it suddenly stops. This confuses you as rain is still pouring in front of you until you look up and see a simple, black umbrella.

You look at who's holding the umbrella and see Shinwon looking out into the rain, trying to hide his smile. He starts walking and to avoid being left in the rain, you walk next to him. Both of you walk to your shared apartment complex, you being close to him as the umbrella isn't that big. When you enter the building, he closes the umbrella and walks you to your apartment.

Shinwon smiles down at you as you stand at your door trying to remember how to thank him properly. The boy ruffles your hair and walks into his own apartment, leaving you dumbfounded and speechless. You snap out of it and enter your apartment and sit on your bed thinking about the day. Laying down on your bed, you look at the ceiling and think about miscellaneous things.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Hongseok.

You get up and open the door for him, he's standing there with a smile on his face. Tiredly, you smile back and let him in.

"Are you okay?" He asks while settling on your couch and setting his backpack next to him.

"Yeah, just really tired. It's so frustrating not understanding what everyone is saying. I guess I never really thought that part through when I accepted the offer to come here,"

"Are you regretting your choice?" Hongseok asks, voice quiet and eyes filled with hurt. When you notice this, all your anger goes away and is replaced with concern.

"Of course not, I'd never regret it. If I didn't come here, I wouldn't have met you and everyone else,"

The boy inhales deeply and smiles at you, relieved, "Let's get coffee," he suggests, so you nod and head out with him leading the way.

Your walk with him is quiet and peaceful as the clouds break for the afternoon sun to shine through just for you two. The shimmer of the wetness everywhere around you made your eyes brighter and your skin light up. Hongseok looks over at you and can't help but smile gently as you look more beautiful than ever.

It's too soon when you reach the cute little cafe on the corner, Hongseok holds the door open for you like a gentleman, which you greatly appreciate. You sit down at a window seat as Hongseok goes to order your drinks. Cars and people pass, minding their own business. It makes you wonder what's going on in their life. Are they happy? What are they like? How were they raised? Where are they from? Why are they choosing this path to get to wherever they're going?

Your thoughts are interrupted by someone sitting across from you.