Chapter Thirty-Seven

Collin was so taken aback by the latest news that he had to hold his glasses in place and keep his balance steady. "D-do not lie to me. My brother, Cameron, is gone. He...he is dead."

Sinosum clicked his tongue. "You poor boy. There is no need to deny the truth. My truth. Cameron was the one who was beaten up by David and Garcia. Cameron was the one who almost died." He leaned towards him. "And Cameron is my son. He calls me his father every day and believes that he does not have a brother, which is a blessing because you are not a perfect brother."

"But I...I..."

The wizard faced me. "I cannot say the same for you, Ari. You are indeed perfect. A worthy choice for my son, Kyle. Oops. I mean Cameron. Hahaha!"

"N-no. Kyle...he cannot be Cameron," I denied. "He does not look like or sound like Collin's brother!"

"Have you forgotten that I am a wizard, sweetheart? I had to make him unrecognizable in order for him to find the perfect soulmate. I changed his looks and even his voice. He is not Cameron anymore. He is Kyle."

"Noooooo!" Collin jumped and was about to pounce on him, when Sinosum raised his staff, and a beam of white light shot out and hit him. "Ah!"

"You are hurting him!" I screamed. "Have you not hurt him enough?!"

"Foolish boy. You won over Kyle's soulmate. For that, you will pay."

The beam instantly vanished, and something fell in front of my feet. It was Collin, but...

...he was turned into a doll.

Shaking, I bent down, picked him up, and stared at him. His clothes in rags. His button eyes. His smile in stitches.

"You..." I glanced at the wizard and clutched the doll.

"Valerie and Sheila were murdered because they treated you poorly," Sinosum explained. "Josh was murdered because he would have told you about me. Debra, Debbie, and Ethan had to die because they were too close to you. You just need my son. And as for your dear sister, I killed her. You know why? 'Cause you and Collin kissed. I could have murdered Collin, but...I have something special for him."

"You monster!" I raised the axe. "I will chop you in half!"

But before I could do so, I was knocked out. Everything went black.

And things took a turn for the worst.