Chapter Forty-Three

Kale-9 and the other creatures forced me and Shelly into the girls' room and into chairs. Kale-9 tossed the book that I was still holding onto the dresser, leaving it open to the two pages that it was on, and four of the creatures, two by me and two by Shelly, held us by our arms. The rest of them searched through the closet and pulled out two white dresses.

Wedding dresses. Ugh! What was worst was the fact that the dresses looked very ugly. Uglier than your average ugly dress.

Shelly saw the dresses and thought that they were hideous. "Are you kidding me?! We have to wear those tacky things?!"

"I agree with you. They belong in a junkyard," one of the creatures agreed. "However, Sinosum would like you two to be in these dresses. He just loves them."

"Or knows that the dresses are disgusting as well and just desires to humiliate us," Shelly muttered to me.

The creatures made us put on the dresses. I did not put up a fight, but Shelly did. I suddenly had a hunch that it was not the first time that she had to deal with Sinosum or anything associated with him.

After the creatures got me into my dress, they helped the others with her and soon got the dress on her.

"There," Kale-9 said. "And my, my. You were a struggle."

Shelly stuck out her tongue and remarked, "I will never marry that son of a dang it! Never!"

"Again, sorry. But you do not have a choice. Sinosum always gets what he wants...or else."

"Like he will give you what you want?"

He stared at her for a few seconds before turning to his people. "We need to go."

"What about putting on their makeup?"

It was then that somebody stepped into the room, and I recognized who it was.

"Kyle. I mean...Cameron," I said.

He gave a nod to me and faced the creatures. "I will take it from here. I asked my dad if I could do their makeup, and he agreed."

"So...that means that we are free now," another one of the creatures said.

"I guess. Just attend the weddings, okay?"

Kale-9 gave a salute. "Will do."

The creatures filed out, and Kyle - no, Cameron - walked up to us and straightened out my hair.

"Hi, Ari," he said. "I am very excited to see you again. In fact, I am extremely excited for our wedding!"

"No!" I protested. "There will be no wedding between us because—"

He glanced at Shelly and quickly cut me off, as if he did not want to hear what I had to say.

"So you are Shelly Madison. The Lubriem."

"Oh, I am not the Lubriem," Shelly confessed. "I am only pretending to be the Lubriem to protect the real one."