Chapter Forty-Five

"I will be taking this makeup off me when this all blows over," I remarked. Cameron was almost done applying eyeshadow on me.

"Why would you do that?" Cameron asked.

"True be told that I do not care to wear any form of makeup."

"Really? Not even red lipstick?"

"Yep. I do not know why, but makeup bothers me. I am not allergic to it. It is just irritating."

He was finished with the eyeshadow and began working on Shelly. "Might I suggest something? Friend to friend?"

"Sure."

"I would wait on erasing the makeup and see what your boyfriend Collin thinks of it. He might think that you are stunning."

"Pfft." I let out a giggle. "I do not need makeup to make Collin love me. He already believes that I am the most beautiful girl in the world."

"That is because you are the most beautiful girl in the world." He winked at me.

I gently slapped his arm. "I do not need any flirting from you. We know that we are not interested in each other."

"I know, I know. I just want you to be happy. You deserve a special someone who will treat you right."

I leaned forward in my seat and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "And I hope that you find a girl who will treat you wonderfully."

"Thank you, Ari."

He soon was done with Shelly and looked up at the clock that was hanging on the wall. He motioned us girls to get up and took our hands into his.

"It is time."

Leading us to the weddings, Cameron went down the hall and outside. We were inches - and I mean inches - from the ground, and he let go of our hands and started climbing down the tree.

"You will need to climb down this tree," he ordered us. "But do not do it yet until I reach the ground." As soon as he was closer to the ground, he let go and jumped. He landed on his feet and looked up at us. "Your turns!"

Shelly and I glanced at each other, wondering who should go first.

"You go," Shelly insisted. "I assume that you have been through a ton."

"I have," I said. "But you go first. I assume that you have dealt with this wizard for a while now."

"More than a while, yes." She glanced at the ground, and then back at me. "I have an idea, and it will make the situation a whole lot easier."

She closed her eyes, and I watched in awe as a black and purple mix appeared and swirled around, stretching from the treehouse to the ground. It formed into a flight of stairs, the black and purple colors vanishing and replaced by other colors, and Shelly opened her eyes.

"Did you do that?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded. "It is a power that I have. I can turn my powers into everyday objects."

"Cool!"

We made our way down the stairs, careful to slip or trip and fall.

"Darn. I should have created railings with it," Shelly said.

We reached the bottom, and she waved a hand, making the staircase disappear. Cameron chuckled and crossed his arms.

"I wish that you did that way before I climbed down the tree, Shelly," he said.

"Sorry. My bad. I have been so focused on our plan that my power slipped from my mind."

"It is okay. Just be lucky that I can climb trees real well."

"Let me guess," I said. "The wizard taught you."

"The one and only." His smile turned upside down, and he uncrossed his arms and rubbed one of them. "I do wish that my father was not forcing me to marry you, Ari."

I walked up to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Your 'father' is not a good person. He wanted David and Garcia to murder my sister, bullies, and friends for the fun of it. He does not care about anyone. Not even you. He is just playing pretend."

"Kyle?" Sinosum called. We did not see him. "Are you and the girls not coming?"

"We are coming!" Cameron replied. Again, he took us the by the hands and led us behind the tree.

The place where the weddings were being held was in view. The trees and bushes surrounding that area were decorated with white streamers and white bows, and there was a white carpet. We were at one end, and Sinosum and the creatures were at the other end.

"We need to walk on the carpet," Cameron told me and Shelly. He stepped onto the pure white carpet that would now get dirty from the bottoms of our shoes, and Shelly and I followed him.

We came to a halt when we were as close to the wizard and creatures as possible, and Sinosum took Shelly's hand into his.

"Let us begin this wedding!" he commanded.

He and Shelly stood next to me and Cameron, and Kale-9 was in front of us and holding a book. Though, it was not a Bible.

"Sinosum? Are you not going to set down your staff so that you are holding both of my hands?"

"Sorry. I cannot do that, my love," he said. "I need to have my magical staff on me...just in case that you or Ari try anything."

Our plan was simple. Halfway into the ceremony, Cameron would grab the staff. Sinosum would never expect him to go out of line. He then would zap Collin that was hidden in his pocket, transforming him back to a human. Then we would make a run for it, taking the staff with us.

I want to say that our plan worked, but it never did happen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today..." Kale-9's voice trailed off. All of a sudden, he grabbed the staff and snapped it in half.

"Noooooo!" I shouted.