Chapter 22

Guys my prom is tomorrow! So I won't be updating this weekend! Sorry. But I'll be posting more today.
*********************

After talking to Julia, I walk back into class. My eyes landing on Gallo as he stares at me with a hard-cold gaze. I give him one back. Just as I'm about to walk back to my friends, he practically sprints over to me and grabs my wrists.

"You're lucky that the guys held me back after you left." He saying in a cold voice.

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Raising an eyebrow at him, he chuckles at me as he leans towards my ear.

"Just be happy that you're a girl. You're lucky that I can't hurt you physically. But mentally," He looks me up and down, before looking back into my eyes. "good luck." Without another word, he pushes my wrists away and slams the door behind him.

That causes my teacher to jump slightly in her seat. She removes her headphones and starts asking about what happened. No one answers. They remain quiet while looking over at me.

Rolling my eyes at everyone, I sit in my place and glare at them all.

Nosy bitches.

***

The night came quicker than I thought. After telling my friends about what happened, they all told me to not go see him and as much as I want to respect their wishes...I just have this feeling that I should go tonight. To see him.

I need answers and this is the only way to do it.

I know there's a big chance of him not showing up but I really hope he does.

It's been two hours since everyone went to bed. Looking over at the clock on the wall, it reads 12:00 am. Gallo hasn't been back since this afternoon. I don't know where he went but it seems like our math teacher didn't really care.

The only thing she did care about was the weather and how cold it was getting. The temperature dropped more today and we were told that the firemen made it to some of the elementary school to get the kids out.

There's still more to come but it seems like all the high school would be getting out by Friday. Or at least that's what they told us. I have a feeling we'll be stuck here for longer but I can't say that to anyone. They're all already freaked out by spending two nights here.

Sighing, I look around the room to double check that everyone is asleep and I slowly begin to get up. Once standing, my legs carry me to the door where it's opened just a bit. Perfect amount to let me out.

Squeezing my body through the door—without making any noise—I head towards the staircase. Our staircase. Sighing again, I have a mental debate with myself before opening the door.

The staircase is all I can see in the dark. The sky light shines down on it as I make my way down the stairs.

Once in front of the janitors' closet, I knock on the door and wait for an answer. When I don't, I knock again.

Nothing.

"The f*ck Gallo. It's me." Frustrated at him, I push the door open. The light shines down on a high Gallo who's leaning on the wall. "Oh my god! Are you serious?!" I whisper-yell at him as he winces at my loudness.

"Shut up, would you? You're giving me a headache." Dragging the cigarette to his lips, he sucks in the juices and quickly exhales as he sighs in relief. "Much better."

"What the hell Gallo?! How the hell did you get the drugs anyways?!"

Smirking up at me, his dark brown eyes are the only thing that's not red. His pupils are dilated and I already know that the Gavin Gallo I know is not here.