Chapter 39

Two more chaps until the book is finished!
****************

Two months later

The days just seemed to pass by after the firemen came to get us. The days got shorter, the homework got longer and before we all knew it, it was March. March break to be exact. The time where all us kids got together and have a blast.

With only one week before school ends, we all get packed with homework assignments to finish during the break.

In these past couple of months, nothing has been happening. Adamo and Veronika became official, more people believe that Charles and I are together, and to top it off Gavin hasn't been in school for two months straight.

I haven't seen him since the washroom incident back in January. I asked Adamo about him and where Gavin is but he wouldn't tell me. All he said was that he was alright and still alive. But that means nothing to me.

Being separated from Gavin for this long always causes a sting to erupt in my chest.

Walking into math class and not having him across the room, looking at me or laughing with his friends, causes me to fall deeper and deeper into the darkness. Or what I call Charles Costa.

I see it in myself.

I stopped smiling. Stopped laughing. Stopped caring. Stopped eating. Stopped talking. Stopped trying.

The only thing that could help me is Gavin. He can save me but he's not even here. All my friends know that Gavin could save me from this literal torture. But he hasn't been here in a long time.

I haven't told my friends about this. Any of it. Soon enough, they all stopped trying and gave up on me.

All besides Peter, Joey, Alena, Pamela, Angelica, Sasha and Veronika.

They're still by my side. Showing me that what is happening to me isn't a good thing but a bad one. That if I don't stop now, it will get worse in the future and affect me in a really bad way.

I only nod my head at them and tell them that I'm trying.

They keep on saying that I should stop seeing Charles because it's only making it worse.

I only nod my head and tell them that I will.

But we all know that I won't.

Charles is a different story now. Ever since January, the drug business has been in some serious demand and his products grew more and more. He doesn't show up to school a lot.

He always makes sure that Lorenzo watches me. The dark haired and hazel eyed boy makes sure to always have a close eye on me whenever Charles isn't here.

That includes sitting next to me when we have classes together, walking me to and from class, making sure I only speak to my friends about anything BUT Charles and what his real reason with me is. And to top it off, not speaking to Gavin but that isn't a problem right now.

Sighing, I slam my locker door shut and face the dark brown curly haired boy who stands beside my locker with a bored expression.

"You good?" He asks me. I only nod my head and lead him to my next class.

Math. Ironic isn't it.

How the one class Lorenzo isn't in.

Gavin is in.

Gavin is in?

Slinging my head back to Gavin's usual spot, I see him sitting there.

His dark brown chocolate eyes scanning the class as his once buzzed hair is now longer. Not too long to match the boys around him but long enough to allow me to feel something when I run my fingers threw his hair.