Chapter 29

Sleep was the best thing that happened to me.

After Charles left, I waited a couple of minutes to actually understand what happened. Realizing that I must have been dreaming, I went back to bed but here I am at 11 am.

Realizing that it wasn't all a dream I went back to sleep to get away from reality.

That didn't last for long as after what felt like seconds of closing my eyes, someone is yelling at me to get up.

Slowing opening my eyes, they are met with a group of people standing above me. Those people being my friends.

"Get your ass up girl. It's already one in the afternoon!" Peter says a bit too loudly.

Groaning, I close my eyes and turn on my stomach. "No. Go away."

They chuckle at my reaction as I snuggle closer to the mate and pull the blanket over my head. Just as I thought I was safe; the blanket is ripped off of me and my body is being thrown into the air.

My eyes shoot open as they meet Joey's back. "JO! Put my down! NOW!"

"Are you awake?!"

Rolling my eyes at him, I give him a snarky comment. "Of course, I'm awake you idiot! How do you expect me not to be awake when I'm THROWN OVER YOUR SHOULDER!"

"No need for the mean comments..." He trails off as he gently places me on the floor.

Sighing out in relief, I stare at my friends. Joey's here; obviously. Peter too. Along with Angelica, Pamela, Alena and Veronika. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that I should be mad at her but could you blame me?!

First, she tells me that she's over Adamo and will NEVER see him again. Then the next, she's been f*cking him behind my shoulder! I thought we told each other everything! But I guess not if she's keeping secrets from me.

"Yah. Whatever. I need to change." Is all I manage to grumble as I grab my duffel bag and head towards the changing rooms.

Quickly pulling out my Adidas tights with my Volleyball hoodie, I brush my teeth and pull my hair back into to butch braids. Not in the mood to have a pony tail. Or in the mood to talk to people...

Sighing, I look at myself in the mirror. My face looks the same along with my eyes but you can tell that I lost a piece of myself last night.

Between everything that happened last night from Gavin to Veronika and Adamo then to Charles... I think I need a break.

My face isn't swollen from Charles' slap but the memory is still imprinted in my brain.

Along with those stupid words Gavin said about me and the noises I heard of Adamo and my cousin making out in the library.

All I want to do is sleep. Why can't I get that?

It's just a simple question. A small simple question...

Walking out of the changing room, I thought I would have a peaceful afternoon with my friends, but my plans quickly change when I see Gavin—I mean Gallo—running towards me. He almost looks relieved when he sees me and quickly pulls me into a warm bone crushing hug.

"I've been so worried." Gav—GALLO says into my hair as I sigh into his touch and my heart skips a beat at his words. Just when I'm about to hug him back, a certain person appears at the gym doorway.

Smirking his stupid smirk at me with his partner in crime standing right next to him. Lorenzo Alverez. He stands tall besides Charles; both being the same height as a devilish smile plays on his lips. His curly dark brown hair matches his scary personality but his hazel eyes seem to be the calm in all of this.