FOUR

I looked out of my glass wall that looked over a bunch of houses. I turned on my speaker that ran throughout the apartment and played one of my favourite songs at the time, 'The London' by Young Thug.

I did my morning routine: showered, brushed my teeth and hair, washed my face and applied some makeup. I was drying my face when my phone starts buzzing and then falls off the counter. I pick it up and guess who's calling me ... Lonzo.

What the hell does he want now

Zo/ hey what's up Kel?
Kehlani/ just got a shower wbu?
Zo/ I need your help with something
Kehlani/ you crazy, what is it??
Zo/ can you come hangout for a bit I'll come get you
Kehlani/ um give me a few minutes and sure
Zo/ okay see you

I practically had to shove some oatmeal and an apple down my throat cause Zo was outside my place.

"Hey what's wrong?" I questioned him. "Nothing, I want you to come to the studio with me." He didn't say to much more. Zo's been taking up rapping recently and he's pretty good.

Supportive cousin❤️

"It's like 10am? You want me to come? Do you want me to hear a song?" I'm so confused at this point.
"Well I have practice later Kehlani so it has to be now, I'll let you know when we get there."

We pull in and go inside. Zo daps up the two producers there and we exchange "hey's". "This-" he says pointing at me "- is the girl I was talking about. I looked so confused but played it off with a chuckle. "So I heard you have some serious vocals according to Zo" one of the guys says. My face low key got red but you couldn't tell because it was so dark in there, "me? um I sing sometimes yea."

so that's why he brought me here

"I want you to feature in one of my songs, Kel, don't act like you aren't amazing at singing. I was gonna ask you before you moved away but I knew you wouldn't say yes" Zo pried at me.

I've been singing on the down- low for about a few years now. I guess you could say I was gifted with some serious vocals but I never thought of pursuing it because of modelling. Me and Lonzo always jam out in his car and I sing with him.

We got in the studio and he played his part as I warmed up my voice. I've been singing at my apartment the past hour so I'm pretty good.

Zo's part played through my headphones. The song was a consistent beat, not to fast though.  He had already written the words to the song, he just wanted to test out what I sounded like.

Here goes nothing

"You must think I've got to be joking when I say
I don't think I can wait
I just need it now
Better swing my way
I just need some time
I just need some love
Tired of fucking with these lame niggas baby
I just need a thug
Won't you be my plug aye
You could be the one aye
We could start with a handshake baby
I'ma need more than a hug"

After I sang that part into the mic, I took the headphones off one ear and laughed at the guys face blown away at me. They told me I should come back soon and fix it up a bit, then hear the final product. We finished up there and Zo brought me back home.

_________________
________

I'm looking at my body in the mirror and realize I haven't done a workout since I got here. I always need to be working out so that I'll look good for my shoots.

I put on a sports bra and leggings with Nike sneakers and blasted some music in my air pods.

please god give me the motivation for this run

I set off jogging slowly and seeing how some things have changed since I've been back.

_________________
_____

I've been running for 15 minutes at a steady pace and I'm so warm but only two blocks away from my house. My music gets interrupted by someone calling me.

why does my phone always buzz when I'm tryna do things

I keep running slowly and pull my phone out of my phone-strap that's on my arm. My dads calling me.
As soon as I pick up my phone i see someone running in all black. Seems a bit sketchy and I don't even answer my phone. My AirPod came out of one ear as I looked down the street to see a long figure running towards my way.

Then I look down on the curb and see a cute little dog at my feet.

My mouth instantly dropped as I fell to my knees to pet it

My mouth instantly dropped as I fell to my knees to pet it. "Aww are you lost?" I said petting it's head.

"Milo!! sorry about that, he just likes to run out of the house whenever he gets the chance, gotta walk him before practice. " I hear a familiar voice shadow say above me.

He bends down towards the ground, clearly much longer legs then me. I look up into his eyes, it's Kyle.
"Kyle what the-" he cuts me off laughing

"Yea I know I promise we're not stalking you, I live a few streets over" he said putting Milo on the leash.  We started walking towards my place and talking about the neighbourhood and his new puppy.

_________________
______

"Lonzo warned me about you" I said almost reaching my house. His face changed completely to that 'what about me' face.

"He was talking about me? What that fool say"

"Oh nothing ... he's just super overprotective over me. He treats me like a little sister."

"I get it though, he's always wanted a little sister to push around. You know he just playin half the time doe"

"Well Kyle this is where I leave. Cute dog" I said pointing to my apartment.