Chapter 6: Hot springs

"Ne, Soraru-san, I heard that Shima and Senra went to the open air bath. I want to go as well.", Mafumafu said as he looked at Soraru who was playing games. "Is that so?", Soraru said as he continued to play his game.

"I wanna go too!", Mafumafu shouted. "Oi! Don't shout in my ear!", Soraru said covering his ears. "After everything we've gone through, don't you think we should go and relax a bit?

I'm feeling stiff from all the running! Don't you want to relax as well? You probably know that it's so relaxing to bath in an open air bath, right?", Mafumafu asked. Soraru didn't answer because he in fact felt the same way.

"I'll take that as a yes. Let's go!", Mafumafu said as trying to pull him out of his bed but Soraru didn't budge. "I don't know how relaxing it is in an open air bath and I don't need to know.", Soraru argued as he tried to put his focus back into the game which was difficult because for some weird reason the albino now wanted to go even more.

"Wait, you never went to an open air bath?!", Mafumafu asked surprised and Soraru covered his ears in annoyance nodding.

"Not that I remember at least...", Soraru muttered as he continued playing. "That's it! You need to know the happiness bathing in an open air bath!", Mafumafu decided and Soraru sighed knowing that it would be useless to argue.

On their way to the open-air bath they walked into Sakata and Urata.

"What are you doing here, tanuki?", Soraru asked as Urata shot him a glare.

"We are living in the same building, bastard.", Urata reminded him like Soraru was an idiot which made Soraru glare at him as well.

"You want to fight, bastard?", Urata challenged as Soraru just looked down at him raising his eyebrow. "I doubt you could do anything to me given how short you are.", Soraru mocked.

"Ah?! What did you say? Mind repeating that?", Urata asked threatening but Soraru seemed unfazed. "Gladly. You're too short to be a danger to me in any way.", Soraru scoffed.

You could see sparkles flying in between them and Mafumafu and Sakata had to interfere before anything serious happened.

"S-so where are the two of you going?", Sakata asked changing the subject.

"To the open-air bath. Do you want to come with us?", Mafumafu invited them as Soraru and Urata perked up at that.

"I don't want to bath in the same place as him.", they both said. "I'm going. You can go alone.", Urata said as he began walking away but Sakata stopped him. "Don't you want to go with us? I bet you're also exhausted from all that action we had!", Sakata tried to convince him but Urata looked at him with an unamused expression.

"There is no way I will be exhausted after running for only a bit.", Urata said. "Ok. He doesn't want to. Let him go.", Soraru said as he walked away but Mafumafu stopped him.

"The more the merrier, isn't it Soraru-san?", Mafumafu asked. "You're seriously asking me that?", Soraru looked at him raising his eyebrow. "Please, come with us!", Sakata said looking at him with pleading eyes and Urata almost gave in but then he remembered that he really didn't want to go so he shook his head.

"I won't go. That's my final answer. Sorry, Sakata.", he added as he saw how Sakata looked really disappointed. The three of them looked at Urata walking away before Mafumafu shrugged.

"I guess only us three will go then.", Mafumafu said as they walked in. What they didn't know was that Kashitaro and Amatsuki decided to go there as well. "Oh? You're here as well Kashitaro and Amatsuki?", Sakata asked. "We wanted to relax after that difficult level.", Kashitaro explained.