Chapter 30: Sinking Memories

After Sakata stopped crying Urata stood up again. "As much as I'd like to be happy that you finally remember me again we have to get going or this trip will be in vain.", Urata said as he held his hand out to Sakata who was confused.

"Idiot. I have to guide you because you can't swim. So give me your hand already.", Urata said as he took Sakata's hand and Sakata smiled and signaled Urata that he was ready before both of them jumped into the water and Sakata felt himself being pulled into the depths of the water.

He slowly opened his eyes and was being taken in by the beauty of Urata and his surroundings. There were many different kinds of fish swimming in there and everything looked so beautiful that he almost opened his mouth again but this time he made sure not to breath water in.

Soon he was being pulled out again as Sakata sat down on the floor panting and Urata wrenched his shirt out of water.

"Are you ok? Sorry but we have to get going.", Urata apologized as he held out his hand to help Sakata up. "It's fine, Ura-san! Let's get going so we can meet your friends!", Sakata said as he nudged Urata so he would start walking.

Luz was walking around to search for some mechanic parts when he suddenly heard two people talking. He quickly hid himself and listened to the two voices talking.

"Ura-san... Are we almost there?", one of the voices asked as the other voice just hummed uninterested. "Ura-san... I'm tired.", the male voice complained as the other male apparently lost his nerve.

"Ugh, shut up already! It's your fault for following me here. We're almost there so be patient for at least a few more minutes!", the latter said annoyed as Luz tried to stifle a chuckle.

Looks like someone lost their patience. I wonder who his voice reminds me of... Ah, they're coming this way. I have to escape quickly or—

Just as Luz moved away his parts fell down making a loud sound as he cursed quietly.

He tried to move away quickly but the other person was faster and the next thing he knew was that his back was being pressed against the wall with one knife at his neck.

He looked down at the person widening his eyes when he recognized him. "U-urata?!"

"So... which route are we taking to go to the island?", Hashiyan asked as he munched on his hamburger.

Kradness thought about it for a bit while sipping from his coke before answering.

"From underground. There is an underwater tunnel where we can drive through.", Kradness said as Hashiyan hummed in slight surprise.

"So we're driving there by car. I thought we would have to go by helicopter or boat something like that.", Hashiyan said as Kradness shook his head. "I don't have a license for neither.

Sorry, Eve-san.", Kradness apologized to Eve who sat there feeling a bit car sick.

"It's fine. I will just have to bear with it for a bit.", Eve assured as Kradness nodded before continuing to explain. "There are a total of 8 committee members including me.

Aside from that there is one contractor on this island. Originally, this island was supposed to be an amusement park but because of some problems the project was forced to be stopped.

So the island's contractor bought the island for some genome research. When the owner died it was inherited by Akito-san.

You don't know him so I don't really know if I should tell you this if you're not interested. He was Aiko-san's friend.", Kradness said and looked at Hashiyan who took some notes.