Chapter 29: Follow your heart

Sometimes... I think... that I shouldn't have left him go home alone on that day.

"Please take care of the agency while we're gone!", Hashiyan said as he gave Tomohisa the keys who nodded. "Make sure to bring Amatsuki-kun back and be safe.", Tomohisa said as Hashiyan nodded cheerfully.

"U-um, excuse me, but about Aiko-san...", Kradness started as Tomohisa gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm going to visit her frequently.", Tomohisa assured as Kradness Just turned the other way muttering a small thanks.

Eve noticed his phone buzzing as he pulled it out to see a notification from his mother. "Also Eve-kun...", Hashiyan said and Eve perked up. "You should probably get off here as well.", Hashiyan adviced as Eve's eyes widened.

"W-why?", was the only thing Eve could ask. "We know almost nothing about that island. And there is no guarantee when we'll be back.

You're still going to high school and have a bright future ahead of you.

I heard you are studying hard to get into the university of your choice and that your teachers have high expectations from you.

What did you want to study again? Medicine, Science and technology, wasn't it? That is harder than you might think. Not only did you choose one hard subject but you're choosing three of them. How would you explain that to your parents?", Hashiyan asked as Eve just gripped his phone tightly not saying anything.

"You are my client and I accepted your request but your future is something I'm not responsible for.", Hashiyan said.

"Sou-chan! Are you alright?!", a mushroom-haired boy ran up towards a small blonde child. "I-I'm fine, Eve-kun... My throat just hurts a bit.", the younger boy tried to assure him but immediately stared coughing afterwards. "Sou-chan!", Eve stood up and called some adults.

Sou was lying on his bed breathing unsteadily as Eve held his hand trying to calm him down. He heard some voices talking outside.

"I'm afraid to tell you that your son suffers from something we can't determine.

We thought something was wrong with his lungs but when we examined him we didn't find anything wrong with his lungs.

For now we can just watch how it goes on but we don't know if he can keep on living for that much longer. He should be fine until his thirties now but he'll still get some cough attacks like that or even worse.", the doctor told Sou's parents as his mother cried and his father tried to console her as he looked sad as well.

When Eve heard this he started tearing up as well and Sou looked at him confused. "Eve-kun, what did mama and papa talk about? Am I going to die?", Sou asked looking terrified as Eve tried his best to smile and shook his head.

"Don't worry, Sou-chan! I'm going to find a way to cure you so please wait for me until then!"

"...No. I won't go back.", Eve refused as he sat there still. "Eve-kun—".

"If you won't let me go with you then I'll just find a way to go on my own. Even if it's not the right thing to do and could ruin my future.

I started studying this hard just for the sake of Sou anyway. If I can't find Sou again then what is the point of studying so hard? What is the point of coming so far?", Eve asked gripping his phone tightly now looking him into the eyes.

"A-alright, I get it. Ah... honestly that was just a warning but if you really want to go then I can't stop you.", Hashiyan said as he held his hand out to Eve and Eve took it.