Chapter 8: The Ultimate Gambler

It kept spinning until it slowly came to a halt and showed them the person who was going to play against her. They all widened their eyes in shock as they saw who was going to play against her.

Sakata

"Is this even good? Didn't Sakata lose like 30 chips?", Amatsuki asked. "I am the worst gambler! How can I win against her?", Sakata asked as he panicked. "Calm down.", Soraru said but it didn't work. "Oi, idiot. Calm down. It's going to be fine.", Urata assured Sakata as he slowly calmed down. Soraru noticed that and looked at Veronica.

"If you just chose our player like that then I would like to set a condition.", Soraru said as Veronica looked at him in curiosity.

"Oh? And what would that be?", she asked. "One of us is going to be the dealer. I don't trust any of them cause they cheated so many times already.", Soraru explained as she nodded.

"Very well. One of you gets to be the dealer. It is not going to change the outcome anyway.", she said as Soraru turned away from her.

"And who should be the dealer?", Mafumafu asked as Soraru pointed at Urata who looked confused. "Me? Didn't you say that you thought I would be bad at gambling?", Urata asked confused. "I did. But you are most likely the most successful in calming down Sakata.

And I think you can do some basic shuffling.", Soraru said as Urata sighed and nodded when he saw that Sakata looked a bit more relaxed.

"Fine. You really owe me things.", Urata reminded him. "I know.", Soraru said as the others wished them luck. When Urata walked past Soraru, Soraru stopped Urata and kneeled down to say something into his ear. "................. and if it gets difficult then..... because you are about....... I don't know why but it's more than most of us.", Soraru whispered. Urata widened his eyes.

"Are you sure?", Urata asked as Soraru nodded. "I know we don't like each other but trust me on that.", Soraru said. "True. But you were right with things until now so I guess I'll believe you just this once.", Urata said. Sakata nervously sat in front of Veronica as Urata took the cards and looked at them. "Is something the matter?", Veronica asked.

"No. Just explain the rules and what kind of game we are playing.", Urata said. "We will play a game of Texas Holdem Poker. When playing Texas Holdem poker, every player is dealt two cards face down.These are called your 'hole cards'.

Then there is a round of betting where you can Check, Bet or Fold. This stage of the game is known as pre-flop and what you should do is dependent on those hole cards, or starting hand. If you are unsure about the value of different poker hand combinations it may be worthwhile checking out our poker hand rankings page.

When all the betting has finished three shared cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table.

This is called the flop.", Veronica explained but stopped when she saw that Sakata didn't understand anything. "It seems it might be too difficult so take a look at the board behind me.

It will explain our rules of Texas Holdem Poker.", she said as the rules were being projected.

Rules of the Casino's Texas Holdem Poker
- Firstly, you are dealt your hole cards
- Then, there is a round of betting
- The players remaining see a flop
- Then, there is another round of betting
- You see a turn card
- Another round of betting
- You see a final river card
- One more round of betting
- When someone bets everything two times in a row you are forced to bet everything as well
- Finally, the best five card hand wins

After explaining everything Sakata slowly nodded. "I think I kind of understand what you mean.", Sakata said as Veronica nodded.

"That is good. I forgot to mention that the only people interacting in this game are allowed to play. Please remember that.", she reminded them as Soraru clicked his tongue in annoyance.