Chapter 39: No Life without Risks

"I'll get to the point and tell you this. Going through that path... you might die.", Luz admitted as Soraru looked grumpy and Nqrse looked bit his lip.

"Are you going to tell me that we are going to die in here? Do you want to tell me that those monsters are seriously going to consider to kill us just for wanting to escape?", Urata asked his voice slowly getting louder as Soraru couldn't blame him for acting like this.

"That is the worst case scenario you asked for. It could happen but from how I know them they are rather going to make you work for them.

People like Soraru and you who have a high intelligence or good escape and stealth abilities can be useful to them. People like Mafumafu, whose DNA is unique are interesting test subjects to scientists like them. It's not like you see people with white hair and red eyes everyday.

Players who aren't useful for them are probably going to be send back and be forced to continue the game without you guys.", Luz explained as Soraru's expression darkened when he listened to the light-haired male mentioning the albino.

"Oi, what you said about Mafu. Are you basically saying that he would be experimented on?", Soraru asked as Luz could only nod.

"He is unique after all... I want to warn you guys because this is exactly the risk we're taking by escaping.", Luz said as Urata didn't want to just take that one possibility.

"As if that is the only way we can take to get out of here! There has to be another way!", Urata exclaimed loudly but lowered his voice when he saw the albino shuffling.

He doesn't deserve this... he was so nice to everyone and to me. Even though he had every right to doubt me he still tried to trust me. He doesn't deserve to become a freaking test subject! Urata thought as he clenched his fist.

"There is no other way! If there was then I would have chosen that already! This whole island is surrounded by water with no other island in sight! I don't want to do this as well... but with the situation we're in right now... we have no other choice.", Luz whispered the last part as he buried his face in his hands. Nqrse saw this as he walked over and hugged the other male as Urata clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

"Damn it! Isn't there anything else we can do?", Urata asked to himself as Soraru could only stay silent as well. "If we don't want to end up like that then we just have to avoid getting caught, right?", a high-pitched voice joined in as they all looked at Mafumafu shocked.

"You were awake? Since when?", Soraru asked as Mafumafu rubbed his eyes and sat up straight again. "At the point when you guys started saying that we could die while escaping. And I just wanted to say, that we can do it!

I know it's not a lot coming from me but I think that if we use Soraru-san's high intelligence, Urata-san's ability of escaping and stealth, Shima-san's physical strength, Luz-kun's and Nqrse-san's knowledge of the layout of this island then we can definitely get through this! And that was only some of the strengths I counted!

Our team has so many incredible people! If we combine everything then I am sure we can escape out of here!", Mafumafu exclaimed as the others just looked at him speechless as Mafumafu noticed this and frowned.

"D-did I say something wrong?", Mafumafu asked when he noticed that everyone was silent and no one was answering him. Soraru shook his head before giving him a gentle smile which caused Mafumafu to blush.

"No, that was strangely inspiring. Thanks.", Soraru thanked Mafumafu as Luz nodded a face coming across his face.

"Mafu-kun is right! We were looking at the worst case scenario the whole time even though we can avoid it if we want to.", Luz said as he gained hope as well and Nqrse nodded, a gentle smile growing on his face.