Chapter Thirty Three

THIS IS IF YOU  HAD TROUBLE SEEING IT

Blaze:

 There’s always that one boy who you dwell upon when you’re around the age of sixteen that changes you in some aspect. Maybe it’s because you really liked him and he turned out to be a complete ass. Or possibly he was so sweet, he paid for your morning coffee at the corner store you went to. The boy could have just smiled and you went off to say it was the most stunning smile you’ve ever seen to your friend later that day. No matter what situation it was, it impacted you in either the happiest or gloomiest way.

 The boy who wedged into my life sat next to me, with puffy, sleep deprived eyes as an outbreak of laughter took over him while he shoved tiny marshmallows up his nostrils. While a smile couldn’t contain itself from stretching out my lips, I noticed something. The boy who sat next to me, the boy who made me cry but wiped away the tears, the boy who drove me mad, was the boy I was falling hard for. And while his lips pressed against my nose as he giggled, he had no idea how happy he made me, and I had no idea till this moment.

 Luke pulled away, cheerfulness still lifting up his face as he blew his nose into a tissue. “I like when you laugh. I like you happy- like- well, do I make you happy?” Luke asked, his tone apprehensive.

 “Very, Luke.” I assured him and he sighed in relief. “If you didn’t make me happy I wouldn’t be with you now.”

 “Yeah I know, I just get really fucking scared. I’m not used to this.” He admitted and I knew exactly what he was talking about.

 It couldn’t have been easy for him, to grow up because he was dragged into a tangled situation. Luke stayed though, from the moment I was admitted into the monitored room. His compassion was always there, even when I only spared two words. I never understood why he stayed, because I was just a weed in a garden of roses. But he’s still here and it never ceases to astound me.

 I watched as he shifted his movements before he propped his head lazily on my shoulder, saying no words as he grasped my hand. There didn’t need to be words, the movement of his thumb grazing over my hand was enough for me. I liked this, the silence that spoke words for itself while the faint sound of a song coming from the kitchen’s radio filled the living room.

 --

 “I love your tummy.” Luke cooed as he watched me change into one of his shirts.

 “That’s weird.” I crinkled my nose, pulling my hair out from the shirt.

 Luke grinned as he got off his chair and relocated towards me. “It’s cute.”

 “You just want to see me naked.” I scoffed jokily as he smirked in response. “God Luke you’re such a boy!”

 “A boy can love the sight of his girlfriend naked!” Luke protested, not bothering to hold his laughter.

 “Girlfriend.” I repeated with a smile, lunging out for my phone.