Chapter Thirty Four

Luke:

It was if the waves have calmed and the winds have stilled as I now only looked into the eyes of slowly evolving contentment. Maybe I was drugged by the over dosage of bliss, but I had a feeling the murky clouded skies and strikes of lighting was over for her. It was the simple reactions like the grin of satisfaction when her eyes danced along the frozen raindrops decorating the horrid school, or the way her back was straighter as she carried herself throughout the stuffed hallways; that I just knew. It put my mind to ease and my eyes to rest knowing I wouldn’t get the frequent phone call of her sobs.

I sauntered into the classroom with my eyes habitually looking for cotton candy pink lips and clear blue eyes. Blaze greeted me with a wave and a grin, I swerved through some people as I made my way to our assigned desk.

“Hi Luke.” Blaze’s charming voice welcomed me as I dropped my body into the chair.

“Hey bab- bubs.” I corrected myself as my eyes relocated to everyone situating themselves.

Blaze’s eyes broadened as her mouth agape only to be thrown off when Mrs. Black entered the classroom, clapping her hands.  “Alright guys I can’t say much because you’ll need the whole period.” She started. “This period you shall write a one page essay on what the most beautiful thing in the world is. It can either be a person, place or thing.” And with that she sat down at her desk.

My mind began to race with ideas of what I could write about, but there was one thing, or person I should say it kept trailing back to. And as my eyes glimpsed at her concentrated face, I knew it was her. Blaze was the most beautiful person in the world, internally and externally. There are exactly 1,025,109 words in the English language but absolutely none could express her beauty. So with the swift movement of my pen, her name was the only thing I wrote.

“Blaze.” I whispered.

Her eyes raised from her paper and I pointed to mine. “Read it.”

I observed as her cheeks tinted into a rosy red and a smile stretched throughout her face as she read her name on my essay paper.

“That’s flattering Lukey but I think your mom should be that.” She stifled a laugh as I rolled my eyes.

“Baby that’s non-“

My sentence was cut off but the annoying nasally sound of our teacher’s voice. “Mr. Hemmings, care to share your conversation.”

I shook my head rapidly, mentally wishing she would just move on.

She didn’t though, “No please, do share.” Mrs. Black narrowed her eyes at Blaze. “Ms. Winters, how about you share your paper.”

 I glanced nervously at her handwriting scribbled onto her paper and I felt a bullet of fault hit my heart when I saw the title that said recovery. I wasn’t the jackass I used to be a couple months ago, taking a deep breath I offered my paper.

“Great.” Our teacher chimed. “What is the most beautiful thing in the world?”

“My girlfriend.” I smiled. “My girlfriend Blaze Winters.”

I heard a few awes and a couple of scoffs as I heard Blaze gasped. “Well,” Mrs. Black said with shock written across her wrinkly face. “Tell me why.”

“Well Mrs. Black, I don’t think any word in any language could describe her beauty. I mean, look at her.”

“She’s just a rebound.” Timothy snickered.

My breath hitched and with every bone in my body, I wanted to kill the kid. “Shut up.” I gritted through my teeth.

Looks were exchanged as I snuck into my chair, a rush of heat taking over my cheeks. Once again, nothing went as planned. Without lifting my head up, my eyes quickly looked over at Blaze while she chewed on her fingernails.

Something in the universe was by my side as the sound of the bell lifted away the awkwardness. “Oh thank god.” I mumbled.

“You know Luke.” Blaze said. “I wish I would have told my fucking friends first before these fake ass bitches.” Blaze snapped.

My shoulders hung low as I pushed in my chair. “I try to do one fucking cute thing.” I huffed and I couldn’t even understand why I was mad at her, but I didn’t bother to clean up my mess.   

Blaze and I walked out of the tension full classroom and I couldn’t help but wince at the attack of glares she mostly got from the cheerleading squad. Blaze seemed to ignore it though as she took my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I smiled in relief as her blue eyes looked up to mine, this time not cloudy with anger.

“I understand baby, I was just a little mad.” She apologized, lifting our palms to her mouth and gently kissing mine.

But it wasn’t her fault and I wanted to tell her that until a familiar laugh ran my ears.

“Oh you’ve got to be fucking with me.” I groaned as I whipped my head quickly behind me to where Calum and surprisingly Rain stood with wide eyes.  

“Ah-“My words tripped over themselves as Blaze gave me a face. “It’s kind of a funny story.”

It really wasn’t my fucking day.

--

IM RUSHING THIS BECAUSE MY MOM IS UP MY ASS FOR MY LAPTOP  SO MY NEXT UPDATE WILL BE TOMORROW. BUT THANK YOU GUYS SO FUCKING MUCH FOR 100K LIKE I CRIED AASFBKJDB F

THE GIF IS LUKE TBH WHEN HE SEES CALUM AND RAIN 

I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND AND SLEEP LOADS AND LAUGH LOADS

CAN YOU GUYS SEE THIS CHAPTER TOO??

QUESTION OF DAY:

WHO IS YOUR FAV AND WHY