1

I sniffled as I stomped down the dark street barefoot with nothing but my socks

I had the worst day today. School really is a bunch of bullshit. Fuck that shit.

My brother had just bought me these shoes. Some black army boots with roses on the side to replace the shoes the bitches at my school destroyed only to have these destroyed too.

They drew all over them with sharpie and highlighter just because they felt like pissing on my day.

Writing slurs like, whore, crackhead, orphan, bitch, slut. I was so ashamed, I stuffed them into my backpack.

Why are they so cold towards me? I've literally done nothing to them, directly. Ive never talked bad about them. I dont even know them.

I shouldnt let them get to me but its so fucking hard knowing everybody sees it happening.

Once the bell rang for lunch, I headed straight to my dealer's house.

Drugs seem to take away the pain.. They make me numb and happy. Like my problems fade away for the while.

That's how I keep myself from falling apart...im doing everything..heroin, Xanax, weed. Anything to get my mind of my pathetic life.

I dragged my feet across the pavement. I need to head home. I'm tired and high. I need to eat and sleep.

Maybe die too. Thats a decision for another time.

I looked up to see how far I am from my house..not even in sight. I know I'm heading the right way, it's just too far and way too dark.

My brother is going to be so pissed. He hates when I come home high. He hates that fact that I do this to get rid of the pain. I don't want to disappoint him again, but I always seem to.

He's taken care of me ever since our parents passed.

He's the best big brother anyone could ask for. He buys me things when I need them. He doesn't deserve a mess for a baby sister.

He doesn't deserve a disappointment such as me.

I spend so much time getting high, I barely eat. I'm so skinny.. I know I need to be doing right, I can't change.

"Cora? The fuck are you doing walking alone this late. Are you okay?" I heard a voice come from the car driving beside me.

I recognized the voice as my brother's friend. "L-Leave me alone." I mumbled, tripping over my feet slightly. My breathing slowing down.