11

"You okay?" Dina asked

I nodded. "I think I am."

She tilted her head. "Think? What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. Im fine."

No I'm not. Kinda confused at the moment. Mostly about Jahseh and why he likes to kiss me so much.

I saw him this morning before Tank took me to school. Tank had to pick up something from the warehouse so we went. And Jahseh came out to me and dragged me into his office.

At first, he was just joking with me, he asked me dumb questions, he was teasing me. But then he kissed me and I kissed back.

Like what the fuck is going on?

"Come on lets get to class." She waited for my answer.

I nodded. "Do we have the same?" I asked since this is her first day. I didn't even realize we froze by the lockers.

She smirked. "X bribed the principal so I could have them all the same as you. He wants me to keep an eye on you, you know, to make sure you're safe."

"If he wanted me safe, then why didn't he enroll?" I said sarcastically.

"Gang leader duties."

We stepped into class and everybody went quiet.

"Fuck is yall lookin at?!" Dina shouted. I put my hand on her back, signaling to calm down.

"Excuse me?!" The teacher, Mr. Roy, said.

"Tell them to look away. They all got a staring problem." Dina rolled her eyes.

"Who're you?" He asked.

"I'm a new student. My name is Dina."

He sighed. "Okay, take a seat and please don't make a scene."

I walked to my seat, Dina following behind, and slumped back, feeling uncomfortable with how quiet everyone went.

I know Craig was all over the news. He was shot and police can't find a murderer. I just hate that people feel the need to feel pity for me.

I've been invisible to them all year long. Why now?

"Hey Coraline! Your back!" Anna giggled.

Dina leaned into my ear. "Is that your real name?"

I shook my head.

Keila slammed her hand on my desk. "Shes talking to you."

"And she's ignoring her." Dina replied.

Jennifer put her hand in Dina's face. "Shut up new kid."

"Yo fingers smell like the whole ocean ecosystem. Clean up after yourself." Dina shouted, standing up.