10

"I don't know who this is!" I shouted

"I don't know who this is!" I shouted. "What if he hurts me!?" I shook my head.

"Cora, he won't. I already told you! If he hurts you, you tell me and I'll kill him."

"Tell me his real name."

Jahseh rolled his eyes and continued to shove my luggage into his car. "No."

"He's a stranger!"

"You have to go live with Tank for at least 3 months. Thats all. Hes one of my most loyal soldiers. He won't harm you. In fact, he was good friends with Craig." He gripped my wrist. "Now I got you your phone. Sit down in the car, I'll be right back."

I jumped into the passenger seat and held my head in my hands.

I'm scared. Why wouldn't i be? I don't know this person. He could kill me.

I held my power button to turn on my phone but sighed when the no battery sign popped up.

I groaned. "Fuucckkk!!!"

"Watch yo language!" Jahseh said as he popped up beside me. "You got yo boots and all?"

I nodded.

He closed my door. "Aight. Lets go." He said coming around and jumping into the drivers seat. He started the car and pulled off.

"At least tell me what to call him other than his gang name." I mumbled.

"You don't need to know his name. Don't get attached."

I scoffed. "Attached? Hes a stranger. How does one get attached to a stranger?! You're sending me a-"

"Vruh lower your voice! Don't be screaming at me! Who the fuck you think you is screaming in my fucking car? If you weren't Craig's lil sister, I'd shoot you right now." He laughed. "Nah, I wouldn't shoot you. Ion need no strap, I let my blade hit. Betta' watch yo' neck."

I blew a breath out. "I want you to shoot me. Shoot me! Stab me! Do whatever the fuck you want! At least make sure I'm dead."

"Shorty, what is wrong with you? For real, vruh." He laughed that 'tahaha' laugh.

"What is wrong with you?! You're sending me to live with a dude I ain't ever seen before!"

"At least you not in a foster home. That shit be leaving you mentally alone. Full isolation, vuz. You be in a place where you don't know nobody. You'll fucking die in there. I'm helping you. Tank won't hurt you! If he do, lemme know. That's all I'm telling you."

"How does he look like..?"

"Ion know. He a bald head nigga. He got tattoos."

I stayed silent.

"What?" He furrowed his brows, annoyed.

"Is he the guy you sent to spy on me at the restaurant by my school?"