3

"What store do you usually go to?" Jahseh asked as he walked beside me with his hands in his pockets

We've been here for about 20 minutes, just walking around.

I was still in shock from what just happened. I wanted to talk about it, but he seemed so eager to change the subject.

"Hot topic, but I only go in there for the accessories." I shrugged. "Craig usually buys me shoes, like Jordan's, Nike's, adidas. Those basic brands, but I begged him to buy me these beautiful army boots with roses."

"I'll buy you anything you want. Today's your day, shawty." He chuckled.

"I've been wanting these platform-like shoes, but Craig wants me to get away from that gothic phase."

He yawned before answering. "Gothic? I don't think gothic is bad." He smiled. "And I'm pretty emo sometimes, so I'd know."

"I think it's because of the piercings. They're throwing him off. Either way, it's fine. I'm cool with some adidas."

"Nah you want some platform boots right? I'll get you them."

"Thank you." I smiled and allowed my gaze to wonder. "Oouu! The snack bar opened. I want some Takis."

"Mamas, you just ate ya' breakfast?" He looked at me.

"I know, but I love Takis."

"After we get you them shoes, a'ight?"

I nodded. I looked straight ahead and noticed 'Journeys' was opening. That's where the platform shoes are!

I grabbed Jahseh's hand and hauled him towards the store. He laughed with a 'tahaha' and followed behind me as I slowed my pace down to enter the store.

"Good morning." The cashier said nonchalantly.

"Morning." I greeted back.

"Are you looking for something specific?" He asked coming from around the check out.

Jahseh nodded to me, I guess signaling me to tell the employee.

"Uh, I've seen these platform boots? Do you guys still have those?"

"Oh we have these Demonia Black Platform Boots, that's the closest thing I have in mind from what you're telling me."

I nodded. "Can I see them?" I gave the man my size and he went off into the back of the store.

I turned to look at Jahseh and he was looking at shoes on his own.

I gazed back down at my feet and thought.

Why's he being so sweet to me?  Hes actually making me feel comfortable around him. Its weird how I was dreading this trip to the mall with him and now I'm actually enjoying it.