13

"Please

"Please.." She begged, clinging onto my shirt.

I shook my head. "No. It won't fucking help you! What don't you understand! I'm doing this to help you."

"B-But it hur-rts J-Jah!!" She trembled.

I clutched her close. "Its gonna go away but its gonna take time. Please be patient with me."

"Don't l-leave me."

"I won't. I'm staying here." I brushed my hand through her hair.

I found myself feeling protective. I never knew I could feel like that for her. She was honestly just annoying.

She irritated me because I knew I had some...feelings for her. But I know I can't feel like this.

I can't like her. I'm not stupid enough to ignore the fact that I'm too dangerous for her.

We don't live in a world with happy endings. I'm not gonna 'change' my ways for lOvE.

I don't love.

Im doing what I think is right. I'll always do what I believe.

"I got your work." Dina said as she walked into the room.

Cora gave her a forced smile.

"I got it." I stretched my hand out and Dina placed the papers in my hand. I laid them in the nightstand drawer.

"X.. Coolie needs to talk to you. He's in the living room."

I turned to Cora. "I'll be back."

She nodded and reached out for Dina which made Dina jump onto the bed and hug her.

I walked out of the room and closed the door. As soon as I looked at Coolie and Ski, my eyebrows furrowed.

"What the fuck happened?!"

They both had marks on their faces. Their knuckles were bruised up and swollen.

"We got jumped by a rainbow haired nigga and a bunch of other blood niggas."

I dragged my hand down my face. "Fuck was yall doing on that part of town, nigga!?"

"Chief of police had ordered officers to clean up the scene at Craig's house since it was a closed case. They noticed a skittle looking ass nigga hanging round and since you arent there, I'm second in charge, vruh!" Ski defended. "I pulled up with Coolie and we stood outside the house. We saw them and they fucking shot at us."

"X, we can't do this no more. They keep fuckin round with our gang when we had no relation wit them! We need to start a war."

I haven't been to work in 5 days. I've been taking care of Cora.

I could've left her with someone else, but she wanted me and, surprisingly, she trusted me only. I did this to help her. But I'm missing so much.

Just cause these fucking dumbasses don't come to me.