18

"Let me prove myself to you

"Let me prove myself to you." I begged.

"Jahseh, you've done enough! Get away. Get out of my face!"

"Ma, please! Listen to me!" I reached out for her hand.

She groaned and shouted."GET AWAY!" She raised her hand, getting ready to strike me-

My eyes opened slowly. I lifted my head up and regretted it as soon as my headache hit me..

"Fuck..." I groaned.

I rolled onto my back. Am I on my bed? I scratched my head. I don't remember laying down or even falling asleep.

Or coming into my house.

I sat up and slid on some sweatpants.

I opened my door and walked into the kitchen, looking through the cupboards for some Advil or some shit.

I didn't find it and dragged my hand down my face.

"Ski!" I called out.

No answer.

Don't tell me youse still asleep nigga. G-shit..

I walked to his room and knocked. "Ski! Yo, I got a headache. You got the advil?" I knocked again, but he didn't come to the door. I kissed my teeth. "The fuck.." I mumbled to myself. I headed to Cora's room. I almost hit myself when her door didn't open. "Yo, unlock this door." I said.

Then..Ski fucking opened the door.

I laughed. "Maybe I'm still drunk but what the fuck are you doing in her room."

He shook his head. "Its not like that, vro. She was scared. I didn't touch her."

"Scared of what nigga?"

"You! You killed a nigga in front of her."

I rolled my eyes. "She needa get used to that shit cause ain't nobody gonna baby her ass, g-shit. Lemme see her.."

"Vruh, unlike you, im helping her. Let her rest a little."

I shoved him back and entered her room. I saw her sleeping peacefully. I looked back at Ski. "Go."

He shook his head, walking out.

Why everybody keep doing this shit? Trying to go against my word??

I sat down on her bed.

Why she scared? Its not like she didn't know what i could do. I'm not changing myself or my attitude for anybody.

I saw her begin shuffling around. "Cora."

She jumped up. Her hand reached over her heart. "Je- Jah! W-Where's Ski-"

"I told him to leave."