19

TONI POV:

I walk into Sarah's school and into the office. "Hi I'm here for Sarah Topaz-Blossom." I say to the secretary. "She's right in the nurses office." I nod and start to walk away until I realize, I have no idea where that is. I turn back around. "Where is that?" I ask quietly. She laughs softly. "Right down the hall to the left." She smiles. I nod and walk out. I walk into the nurses office. Sarah stands up and walks straight into my arms. "Hey, what happened?" I ask quietly. "She has a bit of a fever. Just take her home for a few days make sure she comes back when she's ready." The nurse says slightly more happy than she should be. I nod and we go home. "Go upstairs." I tell her. "I'll get you something."

"Where's Cheryl?" Sarah ask quietly. "She's at work, why?" I ask sitting on her bed. "Well she's usually home. Well when she's actually living here." She looks down. "What is going on with you guys?" She ask quietly. "I don't know honestly. It's a long story." I whisper. "We haven't talked about everything that you've-." She cuts me off. "Because it's hard." She whispers. "I don't want to think about it unless it's with my therapist and I still don't want to do that." I nod. "Ok. But if you need to talk." She nods. I start to get up. "M-mom?" She whispers. I look at her. "What's up?" I sit back down. She takes a deep breath. "Is it possible for me to umm cut my hair short like Jason short?" She ask concerned. I think for a minute. "Yes." I whisper. "I'll just have to talk to Cheryl and if she says no Jason put gum in your hair." She smiles. "Really?" I nod. "Of course, and it's hair. If you don't like it it grows back there's a reason why my hair is pink." She smiles and hugs me. "Thank you." She whispers. "Yeah." I whisper in shock he never hugs me. Unless she's sick. "Do you need anything?" I ask quietly. "Not right now." She lies down. "I'll be in my office I'll leave the door open just yell for me and I'll be here but I'll check on you in a little bit." I kiss the top of her head. "Get some rest." I whisper. "What if I need to pee?" She ask quietly. "You have a bathroom right next to you." I whisper. "Right." I get up and walk out.

"Jason be quiet Sarah's not feeling well." I whisper unbuttoning his shirt. "But this shirt is itchy and I need it off!" He yells. "Stop yelling!" He throws off his shirt and runs out of the room yelling something. "Jason get out of my room!" Sarah yells from her room. I grab a shirt and I run to them. "Jason. You're not five come here we're going for a walk." I force him to put the shirt on. "Now!" I yell frustrated with him. He walks out and we go outside. "Sorry." He whispers. "You need to calm down bud." I whisper. He leans into me as we walk around the block for a while. Jason mumbles something to himself and plays with his fingers. "Why was Sarah not feeling well?" He ask quietly. "She's a little sick." I tell him. "Ok."