Something familiar

"Who's we?" I asked.

"No, we don't need to know that and we're not going anywhere." Tony said and pulled me behind.

"We're not doing this, Skye. I don't trust him or whoever he is working for." Tony stated.

"I understand, Tony, but listen to what he has to say."

"No no no." Tony shook his head like a five year old. Sometimes I doubt if he is the older one.

"FINE! You don't listen. Ever." I let out a sigh.

"Is it about the Avengers Initiative?" Why is Pepper talking about the 'Avengers Initiative'? I turned my attention back to Phil, waiting for a reply while Tony gave Pepper a shocked look.

"About which I know nothing about." Pepper added.

"We need you to go through these." Phil said, extending his arm holding a tablet to hand it to Tony.

"Let me tell you, I don't like being handed things." Tony said, being the diva he is.

"Oh I'll take that. I love being handed things. Why don't we trade?" Pepper said giving him her champagne glass and taking the tablet from him. Then taking Tony's glass from him and giving him the tablet. Tony gave Pepper the 'are you kidding me?' look, which made me chuckle under my breath. I took the tablet from him and walked away from the group with Tony and Pepper on my heels, bickering like children.

I opened it and put up the holographic screen. The moment it came on, everybody fell into silence. There was information about three men portrayed on the screen. Dr. Bruce Banner A.K.A the Hulk, the norse god; Thor and the living legend who was dead for almost seven decades, came out to be alive, the one and only Captain America. He was my childhood hero, not to mention my dad worked with him. And the best part was they were friends. Though I was the only one who loved it because Tony didn't fancy him too much. He told me dad always talked about Captain and he hated it. Me, I never got to hear much from him. You see, my parents died when I was just 10 years old and my life before that is all foggy.

So the fact that I might be able to meet this living legend makes me excited like a teenager about to meet their celebrity crush.

"I'm taking the jet to DC tonight." Pepper stated, still dumbfounded.

"No tomorrow." Tony said, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"You've got homework to do. A lot of homework." Pepper said and looked at him.

Before he could protest, I cut in "She's right, Tony. We've got a lot of homework. And I'd like to finish it." I said and looked at them.

Pepper came up to me and hugged me. "Be careful. And take care of him." She whispered.

"You know I will." I hugged her back.

"What do you two whisper about all the time?' Tony said causing us to break our hug.

"Secrets." Pepper said and kissed him with a smile.

"Gross!" I said, turning my attention back to the hologram. I opened Captain's files and started going through it. God!! He's been through so much.

"Bye guys. Take care."Pepper said.

"Bye, honey." Tony called out.

"Bye, Pep." I said.

She waved at us, then turned her attention towards Phil. "Can you give me a lift?" She asked him.

"Yes, of course." He said and they both made their way outside. Once they left Tony came over to me and looked at the screen.