This is a team?

"Oh oh... s-sorry." He stammered.

"Oh don't worry. I would love to be carried by THE Captain America, but I don't want people to get the wrong idea." I said and he looked slightly embarrassed. I gotta stop embarrassing him. My bad.

He put me down gently, as if I was a delicate feather and would break if any amount of force was applied. Looks like he handles everything with care and is gentle with them. A bit different from his Captain America super soldier persona. It's like he doesn't even have super strength. Maybe he is just scared that he might break something or hurt someone with that strength inside of him, so he touches everything so softly like he isn't even touching it. 

Wow, Skylar, be proud of yourself. You just analysed Captain America. You should be fucking proud, you fucking pervert.

I mentally slapped myself for dreaming about him. Again! Ugh, maybe Tony was right. Maybe I do find him attractive. Nothing more than that. Right?

"Let's go back then." I said and walked towards the door, with Steve at my heels. We walked the length in silence. Occasionally some of the agents giving us looks. Well eyeing the gun more than us as if they had never seen it before.

"Notice them looking at the gun?" Steve asked gripping it tightly.

"Maybe they don't even know what it is. Phase 2 was top secret, remember?"

"Yeah." He breathed out and his eyes were scanning every face we passed.

As we approached the lab we saw Fury, Thor and Natasha, all present in the room.

"What's Phase 2?" Tony asked.

Before Fury could answer, Steve and I stormed inside the room, scowling at Fury.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD using the cube to make weapons." Steve dumped the gun on the table. Tony gave me and Steve a look which meant 'What the hell were you two up to?'

Steve reply to the look was "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me." Tony looked impressed.

"Are you okay?" Tony came over to me and asked.

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned him.

"Well I meant, are you still angry?" He whispered.

"A thing best left for later." I patted his back and walked towards Fury.

"So Fury..." I said, causing Fury to look towards me. "Why is SHIELD making weapons of mass destruction?" He looked at me with angry eyes... oh well, eye, I'd rather say.

"Because of him." He said, pointing at Thor.

"Me?" Thor looked confused. "My people want nothing but peace with your planet." He stated.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people that can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Fury stated.

"Like you control the cube?" Steve asked angrily, causing Fury to roll his eye. Why does this man have so much arrogance?

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. Its is a signal to the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said.

"A higher form" What's coming to us now?" I asked, not wanting to hear the answer.

"The Chatauri." Thor said.

"The what?" 

"The Chatauri. An army of aliens from outer space." Thor informed.

"Perfect. An army of aliens. That is exactly what we need right now." I remarked. "Congratulations, Fury. You have successfully destroyed world peace. Proud of yourself yet?" I scoffed at his ignorance.