Tension

Skylar P.O.V.

I froze the moment Captain took dad's name. A surge of feeling flooded inside me. I was happy, sad, excited, lonely, hurt. All at the same time. After mom and dad passed away, I never really gave it much thought because I was very young and I was sent away to a boarding school. But whenever I felt sad and lonely, Tony always stood by my side. He was just a teenager at that time, my older brother. But he became my father, my mother, my everything. He was the most important thing in my life. And I owe him a huge debt.

I walked back into the lab. Tony looked at me and said "Done pacifying him so we can get back to work?" But then he saw my face and hurriedly made his way towards me. He held me by my shoulders and made me look at him.

"What is it, Skye? Did he say something? Did he hurt you?" He bombarded me with questions.

I looked at him, wide eyed. "Tony!! I'm fine. God! Why would he do something?"

"I don't know. I'm worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt." He said, hugging me.

"Seriously I'm fine, Tony." I reassured him and pulled away from the hug but he didn't let me go.

"I can't help but be worried about you. You're my baby sister after all." He said and looked at me.

"Tony, I love you very much but we need to get back to work." I said.

"I love you too, dear." With that he let me go. "But seriously, what did he say? Why did you come in with a droopy face?" He said mimicking my face, causing me to chuckle.

"He talked about dad." I said looking away.

"Oh." Tony's voice dropped and he embraced me into a hug, again.

"God....." My voice shook. I was trying to hold back and not cry. I didn't want Tony to worry about me even more than he does.

"I-I miss him.... them so m-much." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked up and saw Bruce giving me a weak smile. I smiled back at him.

"I know, I know. I kiss them too. I miss them every single moment of my life." Tony whispered in my ear with a shaky voice. He was crying too. I pulled apart and wiped away his tears and cupped his face.

"We have to stay strong, Tony. We have to hold onto each other and stay strong." I said kissing his forehead.

"We are strong. Well at least you are." He said with a smile.

"Tony, you, you are the strongest man I know. You are the most genuine, the best man I have ever met. You single handedly raised me, Tony and I owe you everything." I said, emphasizing the last part.

"Hey hey, Skye. You don't owe me a damn thing. You hear me! Not a damn thing. I don't want to hear this ever again. I would do anything for you." He said, holding me by my shoulder. I just smile at him and nod.

"Alright let's get back to work before Bruce kicks us out of here." I said, causing Bruce to chuckle.

"I'd like to see him try." Tony said, wiping off my almost dry tears. I smile at him and resume my previous working spot.

"Skye, how is JARVIS doing?" Tony asked.

"Lemme check." I said and took out my phone. "It'll take at least another hour for the decryption program to get full access to all the files. And considering all the factors, the things which we are looking for will be hidden in the deepest, darkest corners of the internet." I said.

"Well lucky us, we're not scared of the dark." Tony said, smirking.

"Indeed." I said and got back to my work.