The Chitauri

Steve's P.O.V

I walked down the corridor towards Natasha's room. The thought of Skylar not leaving my mind even for one second. Thank god she's alright. Even though I haven't known her long, I have taken a liking in her. I do not know what drew me towards her with immense vigour but I couldn't help but enjoy it. And when she was on that hospital bed, a wave of melancholy washed over me. I couldn't even look at Tony because I knew exactly how he was feeling, the same feeling when I lost Bucky.

I arrived at Natasha's room. The door was open so I didn't bother knocking.

"Time to go!" I said.

"Go where?" She asked.

"I'll tell you on the way." I replied.

"Okay." She signed.

"Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can." A man came out of the bathroom. He was one of Loki's minions, the one under his control. I think his name was Barton. I looked at Natasha for reassurance and she gave it to me with a single nod.

"You got a suit?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"Suit up" I said and walked out.

"Cap!" Natasha called out.

 "Yeah?"

"Is she okay?" She enquired  about Skylar.

"I guess. She has no further injuries. All we have to do is wait for her to wake up."

"Alright. Good. See you on the jet." She said and walked back into the room.

Moments later four of us, Tony, Natasha, Barton and me met just outside area where they keep the jets.

"Follow me out there. I know where he's goign." Tony said and Barton nodded his head in agreement. Tony was wearing his Iron man armour.

"We'll be right behind you." Barton said. Natasha, Barton and I walked inside a quinjet.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorised to be in here." The guy inside said.

"Son..." I stopped him. "Just don't." I was more than done with rules now. They were meant to be broken.

Barton took his place as the pilot and Natasha was in charge  of the weapons. We took off and followed Tony.

"We lost Stark." Barton said a few moments later.

"He's headed towards Stark tower." I said. "That's where Loki will be." 

"So what's the plan?" Natasha asked.

"Get to Loki. Make him stand down."

"I don't think he will." She said.

" I know."

"So what are we gonna do?"

"We'll fight whoever we have to."

"It's gonna be a long day." She breathed out.

"Yeah." I sighed and immediatly my mind went to Skylar. Her face flashed in my mind. The pain on her face was too great and there was nothing  I could've done to help her. All I could do was stand there and stare at her still body, not even being able to move. suddenly I was pulled out of my thoughts by Natasha.

"Oh god." 

"What is it?" I asked.

Barton pointed at something and I followed his direction. Oh dear god! It was a portal and things were coming into our earth.

"What are those things?" I asked.

"I can only guess but I'm betting that's the Chitauri army Thor was talking about." Natasha said.

"Speaking of which, where is Thor?... And Banner?"

"No idea." She let out a sigh. I looked outside and saw Stark flew up towards them, blowing and blasting them off.

"We're at your three, Tony." Natasha spoke into her comms.

"Did you stop at drive through?" He remarked sarcastically.

"Get over it."

"Alright, swing by park. I'll lay 'em out for you." He said.

Got it." Barton said and Natasha got the guns ready. We flew in-between  building and Stark did as he said he would. Natasha started shooting at the aliens. We took a sharp turn and flew in front of the Stark tower, where Loki and Thor were fighting each other.

"Nat..." Barton said.

" I see them." She confirmed and started shooting Loki, which did nothing but pissed him off. He shot an energy blast from the Scepter which made us lose control and sent us crashing down.

Well now I am regretting not putting on the seat belt. We came down with a crash but we were okay. We got out of the quinjet and Stark suddenly started shouting. Not out of pain but at someone.

"What!?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Are you kidding me?"
"No no no."
"You have to stop her now."
"What do you mean she's already gone?"
"You had one job!"
"Oh god!"
"If something happens to her I am going to kill every single one of you."

At once I knew he was talking about Skylar.

"Stark, what is it?" I asked, pressing my hand onto my earpiece.

"Skye's awake." He said with worry laced in his voice.

"That's supposed to be great news Tony. Why were you shouting?" Natasha asked.

"Because she's joining the fight and she has already left the helicarrier." He breathed out.

"What! She can't do that. She's too weak to be fighting right now." Natasha looked worried.

"Yeah, no kidding!" 

"Well if you cannot stop her, you might as well get her help. We need all hands on deck." I said.

"Might as well." Stark agreed.

"Alright we've got the ground, you take care of the ones flying, Stark." I said.

"I already was." He said and flew away.

"Miss me?" A voice came through my ear piece. That's got to be Skylar.

"You're an idiot, you little..." Tony started.

"Save it. No tell me, are they the alien army?" She asked and flew next to Tony.

"Yeah. What else does it look like?" He remarked.

"Quit snapping at me and get to work!"

"You're way in over your head." Natasha said while shooting to aliens in the head.

"Yeah I missed you too, Nat." Skylar said causing her to smirk.

"You better be careful, Skye!" Tony warned.

"I will be. No let's do this!" She said, flying towards the open portal and blasting any of the aliens in her way. I was glad that she was already on her feet, ready to save the Earth. Not surprised at all. After all she's a Stark.