Necessity

Skylar P.O.V.

The darkness was completely engulfed by the white light, a blinding white light. I could hear a faint sound of something beeping. The ringing in my ear was coming back.

I blinked my eyes a few times to try and focus my eyes. I heard someone talking. I could see foggy structures above me. There was a slight pain in my head but not as much as before. But I was having trouble breathing from my nose forcing me to breath through my mouth.

"Ms. Stark? Ms. Stark?" Some flashed a blinding light in my eyes.

"Pupils are dilating. They are responding to light." One of them said.

"Check her pulse."

"Pulse is normal." said the person who checked it.

"Okay guys, she's back. Let's inform Mr. Stark."

"Wait, shouldn't we at least wait for her to fully wake up. She's still in a daze."

"Alright."

I tried to get up, to push my body up but I left as if there was no strength in me. Why is there no strength left in me? What happened to me? Am I in a hospital? Where is Tony? Why can't I see properly?

All of these thoughts kept rushing through my mind and suddenly I remembered. I remembered an explosion and being thrown out of a window. And-and I remember that dream.

I kept on forcing my self to at least move a muscle. Moments later I got a sudden surge or energy. It was not much but enough to help me up. I slowly sat up and my vision was getting clear.

"Ms. Stark..." someone rushed to my side and helped sit up. "Ms. Stark can you speak? Does your throat hurt?"

"I..." I tried to speak. Why was it so hard? "I... I can't s-see pro...proper-ly." Yes my throat did hurt.

"We'll have to clean your eyes. Blood dried on it." In a while, someone started wiping my eyes with lukewarm water. After it was done, my vision cleared up.

"Wh...where's Tony?" My throat was totally parched.

"He uh... left."

"Where'd he go?"

"We don't know. But director Fury had called him."

"Uhh... I need my phone. Where is it?"

"Here. It was in your pocket." A woman handed it to me."

"Thanks." I said and stood up.

"Ms. Stark, I really wouldn't recommend standing." I ignored her and walked towards the door barefoot.

"Where are my shoes?" I looked down at my feet.

"Uh...umm... they're here." The woman pointed me towards it.

"Thanks."

I put them on and walked out, switching on my phone and a holographic opened in front of me. I started walking towards the weapons vault to get my suit. While walking up the stairs, my body felt too weak. I walked back to the room. I needed a booster.

"I need you to do something for me." I said as I entered the room.

"Okay?" One of them said.

"Give me a dose of adrenaline."

"What? We can't."

"Why?"

"Why do you need adrenaline?" Before I could answer, the booming voice , which I don't like at all came in.