Life

Warning- Slight cursing involved.

BOOM

Nat, Bruce and I got thrown out of a a glass window. I hit my head HARD on a pipe. The last thing I remember was feeling excruciating pain in my head and nose while a faint voice kept calling my name. I couldn't hear it clearly because of the ringing in my ear. I couldn't see properly. Everything was foggy. I remember trying to lift my head to see who was the one calling but my head felt too heavy.

I started seeing black spots through my foggy vision which then engulfed me into the vast empty space of nothingness. Even though it was scary, it was peaceful. I was finally at peace, away from all the noise, the talks, the people I don't like. I was away from all the negativity. But I was also away from Tony. I cannot be away from him! I cannot do this to him! I need to get back!

That is when the panic settled in. Where am I? Why am I here? Am I... Am I dead?

"Skylar." A man called out. The voice was too familiar.

"Look at us, my dear." It was a woman's voice.

I slowly turned my head and my heart stopped. My throat went dry, my lips got parched. I couldn't speak. Words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I wanted to run but my legs were frozen. My eyes were getting blurry with tears forming in them. A tear rolled down my cheek and the woman spoke again.

"Why are you crying, my dear?"

I wanted to speak. I wanted to scream. I wanted to ask them how was thing happening but all the words were stuck in my throat.

"Come to us." The man said.

I can't. I can't. I wanted to scream.

"Yes, you can. You need to make yourself believe that you can do it. We know you can." The man replied to my thought.

I listened to him and forced myself to speak. But all I could muster up was "H...how?" My voice was shaking.

"We don't know, my dear. But we're here. Why? We don't know." The woman said.

"I mi-miss you." I said, chocking up. My knees felt weak. My feet were fixed and my knees were as if they were melting.

I fell face first but held it from hitting the ground with my hands.

"M...mom! D...da-dad!" I breathed out. I couldn't believe they were standing in front of me.

"Mom! Dad! MOM! DAD!" I screamed. I suddenly found this new energy inside me. My legs weren't frozen anymore. They didn't feel weak. I stood up and ran towards them. I ran to hug them. I extended my arms. I leapt into their arms but passed right through them. I couldn't touch them. I couldn't feel them.

"I am so sorry , my dear. We can't touch. I... I am so sorry." Mom's voice cracked and dad gave me a sympathetic look.

"Oh." I breathed out, "Why?"

"It's not your time to be with us again." Dad smiled.

"What do you mean? Am I not dead?" I asked.

"Dead? No. Dying? Yes." He said.

"So... I'll be with you when I'm dead?"

"We are a fragment of your imagination, my dear." Mom said.

"What are...y-you saying?" I was so confused.

"Think." Dad said.

"You're saying that I'm dreaming?" I asked.

"Yes, you are." He said.

"But you said I was dying. How would you know that?"

"We don't. You do. You're imaging us. You're dreaming, my love." He said.