Nothing Left To Fear

I regain slight consciousness, I can't open my eyes because I feel really sleepy and slightly tired. I feel myself lying on my stomach, and oh how comfortable it feels. I'm about to doze off again when I feel something gentle gliding down my bare right arm, my head is facing the left so I don't know what it is. But, somewhere deep down I know it's Naraku. I then feel silky strands brushing against my arm, I'm assuming it's his long wavy hair. Then a gentle kiss on my shoulder, the kiss sending slight goosebumps through me. I close my eyes and delve into this moment of gentleness, although sleepy, I force myself to lift my head and turn it to the other side. I force my drowsy eyes to open slightly, dim light is coming through the window, how different it feels than last night when the two of us were in the dark. I see a slight blurry image of Naraku sitting beside me bare in the natural light, his long black hair covering a part of of his torso while the blanket covers his bottom half. He's gazing down at me with his beautiful red eyes, his left hand them comes up and tucks a strand of my messy hair behind my ear.

"What time is it?" I ask him quietly.

"Dawn has just approached, get some more rest." He replies just as quiet.

I nod my head and my eyelids falls close again, I feel so safe with him beside me. No sooner, I fall asleep again. I open my eyes to the morning sun shining in through now, it's so bright that I have to squint my eyes slightly. I sit up slowly and I rub my eyes to wake myself up, I feel my mind being a bit out of it and I remember that last night Naraku and I made love to each other. I smile at the memory, to be able to wake up and remember the one you love is precious. I look around the room, Naraku isn't in the room. It's still quite early in the morning, I wonder where he is. I stand up and I wrap the blanket around my naked body, since this castle is uninhabited aside from Naraku and I, I don't think it's such a big deal if I wear my kimomo or not. I open the sliding door of the room and I step out, I walk along the long hallway till I come upon a large room that has a sliding door and a veranda. I walk outside and I see the tall mountains in the distance and the blue sky above, the fresh air fills my lungs and I smile. I look from left to right and I finally see him, Naraku is sitting on the wooden veranda looking out. He has his bottom attire on but his top is bare, his long black hair falls behind him and his bangs sways. I smile as I see him, the demon that I love. I walk over to him, and he turns his head to look at me as I draw closer. His expression is soft and his eyes shone, as I near him I kneel down and sit beside him. I haven't seen his face since last night and to see it now in a new sun, he looks absolutely flawless.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" I ask him.

"I wanted to look at the mountains and the sky, I don't think I looked at them properly since I was resurrected the second time because so many things were happening that I had no time to." Naraku replies.

"Yes, a lot of things has happened to us that we forgot the beauty of nature. Now, it's over so we can finally admire it. Let's look at the mountains and the sky together." I tell him.

Naraku smiles and opens his strong arms, I then turn slightly and I lean back against his chest and he wraps his arms around me and holds me close. I can hear his quiet breathing above me, he rests his chin beside my temple. His long hair tickling my bare arm, the two of us just look out together in silence for a while. I then hold out my left arm and spread my fingers out towards the empty space in front of us.

"This reminds me so much of that day when we sat out here together after the first time of making love and looked at the sky, how precious." I say remembering.

"To know you finally remember us... it's everything to me." Naraku answers me.

He takes his left arm and his hand holds my left hand in his, his large hand encasing mine within.