F I V E

~ The Hamptons ~
~ day 7 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I glance at Suki shortly, resisting the urge to roll my eyes as I carefully roll my blunt. She just chuckles, trying not to break her posture as I turn towards her, my back turned away from Joker and Hayden in the other room.

"If I'd known the guy was already gone, I would have never come," I mutter so that only she can hear before bringing the blunt to my lips to finish rolling it.

Suki chuckles, finally breaking her stance as I beckon her to come sit in the seat across from me. "I thought you weren't jealous."

"I'm not," I assure her, rolling my eyes. I look over at Joker in the other room, watching for a moment as he and Hayden share a tender moment, her body pressed against his in an embrace. She giggles, doing her best to be careful of the champagne glass in her hand as he holds her tight, his face buried in her neck. "I couldn't care less about what he does when he gets home."

"You sure?" She asks, her head tilted as she watches me tuck the blunt between my lips and light the other end. I look at her, my eyebrows furrowed. "We all heard about you answering the phone. As a matter of fact, we heard about it for days."

"He told her it was me?" I ask, passing the blunt to her. I glance over one last time, this time catching Joker's eye by accident. I hadn't expected him to be looking, but he was, Haydens arm now slung over his shoulder, her head resting his opposite shoulder so her face was hidden from sight. His stare was a little intense, but as soon as our eyes seem to meet for more than a couple seconds, his attention returns back to Hayden. I roll my eyes, officially diverting my attention back to Suki and the blunt as she hands it back to me.

"Well, no," she says, holding in her pull for a few seconds. "But Joker doesn't let just anyone answer his phone. Actually, he doesn't let anyone answer his phone. For days, she just kept pestering him and when she heard I wasn't gonna be around as much, she kept bothering me."

I chuckle, bringing the blunt to my lips. I sigh, resting in my chair as I exhale the smoke before Suki speaks again, her voice hush. "Have you figured anything out with the unit?"

I tilt my head, my heart dropping at the mention of the unit. I shake my head, my jaw clenched before I look back at her. "Have you?"

"I figured you should talk to Damon," she shrugs. "He bought some X Men style mansion in the Hamptons. He's building a brotherhood."

I scoff, knocking the ashes off the end of the blunt into the ashtray in front of me. "Of course he did."

"Of course who did what?" Joker chimes in, joining Suki and I, Hayden right behind him. I furrow my eyebrows, watching as he takes the seat next to Suki and spreads his legs so that Hayden can comfortably sit in his lap. I look at Suki, my eyes narrowed as I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"I was telling her about this Ashton guy and his boss," she lies, relaxing in her seat. "He has a record."

"A record?" I ask, genuinely surprised as I bring the blunt to my lips again. "I've never heard of anyone from around here from the UK in prison. Especially getting out on parole."

"He's not on parole here," Joker says, bringing his glass to his lips. "He's on parole in Massachusetts."

For a moment, I feel like I've just been punched in the chest at the mention of the state of Massachusetts. My ears ringing slightly, I sit up straight in my chair. "Did you say Massachusetts?"

Joker's browline furrow, immediately reading my tone and my body language. "Yes? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing," I murmur, avoiding eye contact as I try to gather my thoughts. "I just...it's against his parole to be all the way in New York, isn't it?"