Chapter VII

On the way to school Alya and I talked about random subjects until she brought up the long-awaited conversation. "so, what are you going to do?" I knew exactly what she was talking about but I decided to pretend not to. "About?" she rolled her eyes "Don't play dumb Mari, you know exactly what I'm talking about," she said.

Yeah, I did, but I didn't want to.

"I don't know honestly. I had my whole life planned out, everything! University, Marriage, and then children. But now I just don't know." I sniffed. She looked at me with a worried expression. "Mari, I just-"

"Hey girls! What's up." the perky voice of Adrien Agreste said. I love Adrien with all my heart (as a friend) but at the moment, I wanted to strangle him for interrupting my conversation. I rolled my eyes, "hey pretty boy, nothing important, you."

Alya responded to his question, she had a nice tone to her voice but I could tell by the look in her eyes she was pissed. But did Adrien notice. Not at all.

"oh nothing much, just headed to school to see- Mari are you ok, you look pissed- Alya you look pissed too- oh I did interrupt something important didn't I?" ding ding ding we have a winner, folks. Alya and I looked at each other, and then back at him, and then at each other, and then walked away. I'm pretty sure i heard him yell sorry, but we walked away fast, and I couldn't hear him too well.

Sorry Adrien, that was rude.

Did I say that out?

Oops.
—————————————————————

Alya and I walked into the building that we call school. I dreaded talking to anyone and everyone. Especially Lila. She'll ask me why I was out for two weeks, or she probably already told everybody I was out because of some stupid embarrassing disease. I could just imagine.

"I wonder why Marinette is not here" random classmate said. "Oh it's horrible!" Lila projected with here hand to her four head "she is not here because she has...  Iridocyclitis its a horrific disease, it slowly eats away at the skin around the lower thighs, I feel so bad for her." She exclaimed.

And of course everybody except Alya, Adrien, and Nino would believe her. I could just imagine everyone not talking or looking at me because she told them it was contagious. I shook my head, I just have to hope. Alya opened the classroom door and... "Marinette!" Everyone yelled.

"We're so glad your back!" Rose said as she hugged me. Just as I was hugging her back she was pushed away, and none other than my DJ best friend.

"Dudette I missed you!" He fake cried and draped on me in a hug. I laughed "I missed you too dude." I patted him on the back.

Just as I finished up hugging everyone (except Lila, Chloe and Sabrina) none other than the blonde model himself stumbled in.

"What took you so long, you were walking right behind us?" Alya said. He looked out of breath "there's *breaths heavily* an *more heavy breathing* akuma..." he continued to gasp for air.

Well shoot.

"Darn that's crazy... I have to go to... the bathroom... alsowhereisthisakuma?" I asked trying (and failing) to be subtle. "Near the fountain, in the park." He replied.

Alya stood up "got to get some footage for the Ladyblog brb!" She yelled practically skipping out the door. That girl is angling for trouble. "Babe! No! Your going to get hurt one day! And you know what I'll say, I told you so!" Nino said chasing after his crazy blogger girlfriend.

I stepped out of the room and started sprinting to the bathroom. I heard footsteps behind me, I turned and saw Adrien "what are you doing?" I asked him. "I...have to got to the restroom too?" The way her replied sounded more like a question. I brushed it off and entered the bathroom.

"Tikki-" "Wait! Marinette! Before you do this, just remember, you're going to have to be careful. You're carrying not only your life, but the life of another, in your hands now." I felt a warm ness in my heart at my kwamis words "I'll be careful." I said stocking my finger across her cheek "Now Tikki Spots On!" I yelled and felt the magic spin around me.

Hey y'all
I know... I know
This is a very late update but I have a list of reasons why.
1. Writers Block sucks butt
2. Week longer summer camp where they take devices.
3. I have the flu and everything hurts
4. That's all
So enjoy your update I'll try to get something out soon.

No promises

792 words