Chapter XIII

She didn't know how to feel.

She knew deep down inside, she would always be in love with Adrien. It didn't matter how happy she was with anybody else. But then she fell in love with Chat. And all the feelings disappeared.

But now, now that she was looking him in the face. Every single 13-year-old Marinette feeling was coming back. She felt her tongue go numb. Like she couldn't speak.

"Well, what now?"

He spoke quietly. Like he was scared. Was he scared of her?

She almost wanted to pass out again. She hated confrontation. But she couldn't avoid her problems forever. And so she spoke.

"What now? I don't now what now? I don't know whether to be happy, or scared. Angry, or sad. Honestly Adrien I can't decide to slap you in the face or to kiss you."

He winced "are you disappointed?"

She almost rolled her eye. "No, no it's not that it's just, I've been in love with you, Adrien Agreste, for 5 years and just recently, I lost feelings for Adrien and started having feelings for Chat. And now you're telling me, their the same person."

"So you don't love Adrien, but you do love Chat." He frowned.

Oh great now he's hurt.

"No, that's not what I meant. It's just... I fell kind of played with. Like I told you as Chat that I liked Adrien and you said you wanted to help me get over my crush. But you're the same person so, I don't know what to think."

His frown deepened "Mari I never meant to play with your feelings. I mean, when you told me you liked me, I immediately assumed it the same reason every other girl in Paris likes me. I'm a model, I'm rich, I'm handsome, but then I got to know you and learned you don't seem like the type to like someone for looks. And then you said you liked me for my personality, but I thought that couldn't be true, because you didn't seem to like Chat Noir too much and, Chat Noir is my personality. So maybe deep down inside, just maybe I wanted to put it to the test. I guess you passed." The moment the words came out of his mouth he regretted it. Way to be a jerk.

She raised an eyebrow. His eyes filled with regret. She knew he probably didn't mean it that way. It still hurt. He wanted to test her. Was the relationship real or just a test to him.

"Um I think I just need some time to think. So... you can-"

"Wait, Mari I didn't mean it like that-"

"Just please. Go." She felt her eyes water. His words were like arrows. It hurt more pulling them out.

He turned and whispered his transformation. He hopped to her window. "Will you be at school tomorrow." He whispered

"I guess so."

"I'm sorry"

And then he was gone.

—————————————————————

Ew! This chapter is TRASH.

500 words