Chapter IX

To say Chat Noir was confused was an understatement. Why were the two most important people in his life acting so strangely?

Question.

of.

the century.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I landed on my balcony and dropped into my room. Why must I do the things I do. I've got exactly two hours and nine minutes until I meet Chat for patrol. I know he's going to want to talk about the Akuma today. But what am i going to tell him? I don't even want to think about it anymore.

"Sweetheart. Dinners ready, come on down." I heard my mothers voice call from downstairs. I pulled myself out of my desk chair and hauled down the stairs.

  I smelled the air. Mhhhh smells amazing. "Looks, great mom," I said sitting at the table. "Thanks honey, we tried that new pasta recipe, Chicken Alfredo. It looks okay but we will see," she said with a smile.

We all ate our food slowly in silence. Very awkward silence. My dad didn't look very happy, my mom looked kind of depressed, and me, well I probably looked tired. "so sweetie, your father and I have some questions, if you dont mind." my mom said quietly. "I'll try my best to answer them so shoot." Everything went silent.

My mom reached down and pulled a list out from under the table. "Alright I think this is the biggest question so we should get it out of the way and not have to worry about it anymore, okay?" she said. Oh boy, here we go. I nodded. "Marinette, Who- who got- who is" my dad cut her "Marinette Dupain-Cheng who the hell got you pregnant?"

I chocked on my chicken alfredo.

Mom patted my back as i coughed up the noodle stuck in my throat.

"Way to be gentle Tom." My mom scolded "What? The question needed to be asked. So I asked it." He replied in an offended manner. I drank some water and cleared my throat. "Well... to answer the question...the father is...
.
.
.
I can't say right now" I finished quickly and looked down. "What do you mean, you can't say right now, you do know who it is right?" Dad said judgtngly. "Yes of courses know who it is. I'm not that irresponsible" I mumbled the last part to my self "I just can't tell you right now, don't get me wrong, I'll tell you eventually. Just not right know, okay?" My parents exchanged glances and then looked back at me "okay sweetheart we won't push you." My mom said rubbing my shoulder.

"The next question is, Does the father know yet?" Mom asked. "No, not yet. I plan to tell him tomorrow night" I answered truthfully. She shook her head at dad.

"Marinette we need to know. Are you going to keep the baby. Or have an abortion. If you do have the baby are you going to put it up for adoption or raise it yourself. We have to know now." My father said.

I think we sat in silence for a solid minute before I answered. "Well for starters, abortion is out of the question. I don't believe in taking an innocent soul out of the world before it even had a chance. But as for adoption, I just don't know, I'll probably give you a solid answer after I tell Ch- the father" I finally answered.

Dads anger seemed to melt away for some reason. Mom let out a sigh of relief and wrapped her arms around me. "Marinette as much as we're disappointed in your poor judgement, we were afraid that any day now, you'd ask us to go to the clinic, you might be young but we'd be lying if we told you we weren't looking forward to our first grandchild." Mom laughed. So that's why they looked relieved.

"Now remember as much as we might want a grandchild, you should never be pressured to make a decision based on what we want. It will always be your choice." Dad said swishing me in a big bear hug. "We love you Marinette" Dad spoke once more. "I love you guys too" I replied.