Chapter XII

( photo ⬆️ edendaphne from her fanfic with midnightstarlightwrites on Ao3 (really good btw) but my point is is this is how I imagine his hair.)

The green light hurt her eyes. When she did open them it took her a moment to see clearly again. The first thing she saw was blonde hair. It wasn't messy, yet neat and slicked to the back and side with gel. And then his eyes, they were still an electrifying green. Even without his suit. She studied his facial features.

The realization hit her like a stack of bricks, or should I say...

A wrench.

She looked him up and down a couple of times just making sure she wasn't hallucinating. No, yeah it was definitely him, Adrien Agreste.

She was having a baby with Adrien Agreste.

That was the last thing she remembered before felling dizzy and everything going black.

—————————————————————

Adrien was not happy. He wasn't angry or sad or hurt. But he wasn't happy either. She passed out. What did he expect. She had once told him she was madly in love with him. Of course he was Chat at the time and he was 'helping' he get over him.

By making out. But that's not important right now.

She was unconscious. And now lying on her lounge. When she passed out he caught her.

Of course.

And then picked her up and put her in a nice comfortable position.

As of now he was sitting in the desk chair he had rolled over to her watch for any sign of her waking up.

He tapped his foot impatiently. Bitting his nails. He might be having an internal panic attack but whatever.

"Kid calm down, I'm sure she's fine." His Kwami said nibbling at his cheese.

"Yeah, I know she'll be fine. I'm not wore about her, I'm worried about me. She's going to murder me, or break up with me, or tell everyone my secret, or all three." He said. Plagg rolled his eyes.

Out of all the owners he's had in his long, long, life. Adrien was the kindest, he cared about Plagg.

Almost all the rest only fed him when they had to, and told him not to speak unless spoken too.

Like a child.

But Adrien. Adrien cared about him. Fed him whenever he asked. Let him voice his opinion and then took them
into consideration. Plagg loved Adrien. But he would never say it out loud.

But, also, out of all the owners Plagg had ever had.

Adrien was the dumbest.

—————————————————————

She didn't fell great. Her head pounded and she couldn't quite breath. She pulled her hands to her face and wiped her eyes.

"Oh god, what happened..."

"You passed out"

She heard the familiar voice from across the room. Kitty? He sounded worried and panicked. What happened? What's there an akuma, or anything to do with hawkmoth?

And then it hit her. Again.

She turned her head faster than the speed of light. And there right in front of her was Adrien freaking Agreste.
Aka Chat Noir.
Aka her baby daddy.
Aka her boyfriend.
Aka her first love before Chat.
Aka CHAT!

She might of screamed. She might not of. She couldn't remember.

He might of screamed back. Or maybe not

It might have gone back and forth, but she could of imagined that.

"Marinette, what's wrong! Are you alright, I heard you scream." Her mom said bursting through the door. Ok maybe she did start screaming.

"Yeah sure mom! Everything is fine." Marinette said turning to see that Adrien had hidden behind her lounge. "I just had a bad dream, that's all, anyway goodnight!"

Her mother raised an eyebrow, "Why were you wearing a dress to sleep in."

Marinette nervously giggled "you know what mom, I'm really tired, can I tell you about it tomorrow?"

Her mother opened her mouth and then closed it. "Ok sweetheart, goodnight." She said and closed the door.

Marinette let out a sight of relief. She turned around.

There he was.

In all his glory.

She let out a shaky breath.

Here we go...

—————————————————————

Oh god, I'm tired. I'm going to go take a nap.

Goodbye my friendly potatoes.

700 words