Chapter XIX

"Adrikins!"

Hold on pause real quick.

Marinette and Chloe had an... interesting relationship.

She didn't love Chloe. But she most definitely didn't hate her.

About a year after Adrien was aloud to attend public school, the whole group were inseparable.

You see Marinette and Alya, Adrien and Nino were probably not far behind. Chloe could not for the life of her understand why her Adrikins was hanging out with these nerds and not her. She tended to nag.

So one day Nino had the bright idea to invite Chloe to lunch with them and then to the movies afterward. Let's just say Alya was not the happiest about it. But Marinette said to give it a try. Everyone was shocked.

But the group took his suggestion and gave her an invite.

They surprisingly had a really good time. It seemed once she was out of the spotlight at school and aloud to let her shield down. She was super sweet. Most of the time.

She still wasn't part of their group. But she was more that welcome to tag along, every once in awhile.

But back to Marinette and Chloe. As long as Chloe was nice to Marinette. Marinette was nice to Chloe. They weren't, and would probably never be best friends but they would tolerate each other.

Of course it did help that Marinette got a good look at who she really was as Queen Bee. But of course nobody knew why she was so quick to give her a chance.

Anyway back to the story.

"Why is your precious hand being held by her..."

He was about to roll his eyes but he didn't.

"Chloe I'm going to tell you something but you have to promise to except it."

"Adrikins no. I'm not dumb, I already know what you're most likely going to say and I don't want to except it." She gave a pouty face and crossed her arms.

He gave her a small grin "Chloe,"

"No don't say it,"

"Marinette and I,"

"No no no,"

"Are in a,"

"Mhhhh," she shook her head.

"Relationship,"

"La la la la la la la la!" She put her fingers in her ears still shaking her head.

Adrien places his hands on her shoulders. " Chloe look at me...," she reluctantly looked up at him. "And there's nothing you can do about it."

She looked at him and the at Marinette and then back at him. "God fine! I guess if she makes you somewhat happy, I sorta approve."

He gave an award winning grin.

—————————————————————

"When are we going to tell your father?"

Adrien choked on his French fry. Nino smacked him on the back a few times. Alya gave Marinette a 'really?' Look.

"I don't think it's the best time to tell him. He just got back from a business trip Sunday, and if Natalie told him a wasn't home last night-"

"Ooh why weren't you home last night Adrien?" Alya smirked

Adrien ignored her with a red tint to his cheeks. "Then he'd already be pissed with me."