The Plan Set In Motion

Crowley woke up from his nap to the sound of Aziraphale hurrying around the bookshop, lifting up papers, muttering things like "no, where is it?" and "where on earth did I put it?".

"what are you looking for angel?" he yawned

Aziraphale jumped and spun around in the direction of the serpent. momentarily shocked at his ability to walk incredibly silently.

"Crowley! you gave me quite a surprise, did you have a nice sleep?"

"I did. what have you lost that's so important?"

"a book"

"a book?"

"a red book, with some very important notes in it"

"I could help you look if it's important"

"you would?" Aziraphale asked surprised

"why wouldn't I?"

"you were against me helping Gabriel"

"and now I'm not. Especially after last night" Crowley winked at Aziraphale who turned a bright shade of red at what the demon was imply

"Oh, I do hope Delilah didn't hear us, that would be terribly embarrassing" the angel said

"she could sleep through a thunderstorm and not wake up. Trust me, she'd have mentioned it if she did. She definitely did not wake up" Crowley smirked before getting serious "are you sure you had it in the bookshop?"

"of course! where else would it be?"

"you could have left it in the Bentley"

"I wouldn't have left it in the car"

Aziraphale was looking for a very important book, one that could aid with their research in how to stop Lilith.

"could have turned into a Best of Queen tape"

"stop joking and help me look, will you? It's really, very, important"

"Okay, I will, why's it so important anyway? why does it have to be that specific book?"

"it's got some very important stuff in that Anathema gave me last time we visited Tadfield"

"did you say it was a red book?"

"yes"

"does it have gold angel wings printed on it?"

"yes"

"it wouldn't be the same book on the front desk of the shop would it?"

Aziraphale turned around to where Crowley was looking to with a rather amused expression on his face.

"that's it!"

he hurried over and picked up the book he was looking for, and walked back to the demon, flicking through the pages of the book.

"you, Crowley, are amazing at finding things, have I mentioned that?"

"not for a while, what are you looking for in it?"
Crowley asked as the pair sat down into the comfy settee and Aziraphale placed the book between them on the coffee table. Crowley leaned over Aziraphale's shoulder to see what he was pointing at.

"this, a prophecy written by Agnes Nutter, several actually, depicting the events to come"

"I thought Newton and Anathema burned all her prophecies"

"Anathema kept some of them, just the ones she thought would be important and she gave them to me"

"'Come the eve of the twelfth night, the flower of rebirth shall rise upon the fields of crickets of the place of apocalypse averted, yet fall against the temptress with sword of flame?' what the hell does that mean?"