Tears of Angels

Adam Young felt the disappearance of evil in the air, and yet he also sensed something else, something horrible. unimaginable despair caused by the evil, he dropped the mug he had been holding, alerting Pepper, Anathema and Newt to his reaction.

"Adam? what's happened?" Pepper asked her husband

"it's done, it's over" Adam said simply

"that's good, thank God" Pepper said*

"I do hope Agnes is alright" Newt replied

"but something's not right"

Adam got up, making his chair topple over in the process, he ran out of the room, the other adults looked at each other before following him concerned for the children. Adam hoped his gut was wrong, but they all knew that something bad had happened, something terrible.

when they arrived at the cricket field, they were met with the aftermath of the scene. three unconscious children (teenagers) were slowly waking up from their sleep, the weather had dropped and it was back to normal freezing British weather for that time of year. but the devastation had done too much, The Young family's attention was soon drawn when hey heard a wail, a scream of despair, for there, in the centre of the the stirring members of the Loser Troupe, a preteen half angel- half demon was knelt, tears streaming down her face, cradling the one teenager who was not stirring, or even moving. The girl's hair was redder with the the blood of her best friend, mixed with the blood of her enemy, the yellow hoodie was stained with the same blood and charcoal like smudges from the impact the sword had made from colliding with the demon known as Lilith, and to everyone's surprise, sticking out of her back were two angelic wings, with half black, half white feathers. nobody had seen these in eight years, since the last time her life was in danger, the wings were wrapped around the two bloodied teenagers, shielding the boy in her arms from further harm, not that it mattered, Cyrus Black was dead.

Anathema and Newt immediately ran to check on their daughter, all the remaining group were fine, albeit a little dazed, but they held each other as they realised the devastation. Adam walked cautiously up to his God-sister and knelt besides her comforting her like the practically big brother he was to her.

"it's my fault- it's my fault" Delilah was sobbing

"it's not your fault, it's his mum's"

"no but if I'd not challenged her to that bloody duel, then Cyrus wouldn't be dead"  

"there was nothing you could do" Pepper smiled sadly

Delilah looked  up at Adam her eyes flooding with tears.

"c-can't you bring him back?"

Adam shook his head sadly

"I can't- I don't know if my powers are strong enough"

"but you're the Anti-Christ! can't you do SOMETHING?"

Adam paused before smiling "oh, Delilah with two L's and a H*, I can do something, but it might not bring him back"

Adam closed his eyes and focused, and slowly but surely the world turned back to normality, fixing everything destroyed in the ensuing chaos. when he opened them again. the world was no longer broken.
________________________________________________________________
The world spun, everything was normal. well, everything except Cyrus. Cyrus, after following the fourth horseman, death to Purgatory (he had been fairly certain he'd seen a glimpse of Aziraphale and Crowley whilst there but he couldn't have been certain) and straight into the depth of Hell, was now stuck there and he'd made his peace with that. But what he hadn't made his peace with was that he'd now left Delilah behind without telling her everything. without saying goodbye and he resented his mum for that more than anything! and what made it worse was he was now facing Hastur as his receptionist or the demon with the list of who he was working under.

"Cyrus Black" Hastur had greeted him

"Hastur, how's things? everything dark and miserable"

"haha, funny"

"listen I know you're supposed to assign me a task and all, but I'm really not supposed to be here"

"that's what they all say"

"well seriously, I have some shit upstairs I need take care of upstairs in the mortal world and everything"

"nice try, nobody gets up there without permission from Beelzebub or our lord Satan"

"what if I make a deal?"

"deal?" Hastur's ears burned with what he was hearing "I haven't made a deal with anyone for centuries"

"exactly, I'll make you a deal and we can all shove this under the rug"

"under the rug?"

"human expression, and no, Crowley did not come up with it"

"what is your offer?"

"I offer you my first born child in exchange for life up on the surface" Cyrus said simply using the old Fairytale, Rumplestiltskin as a ploy to get back to life, he was not going to really hold up his end of the bargain, obviously, he wasn't that horrible.

Hastur thought about this before saying one word.

"no"

"what?"

Hastur smiled

"I have a better bargain than that"

Cyrus went cold (well that wasn't a surprise there, he was dead after all) this was not what he had been expecting, a counter deal? from Hastur? that was like- he didn't know but it was horrible!

"it's the only way you're getting out is if you agree to my terms"

Cyrus gulped. there was no other option. he had to hear the demon out.

"go ahead"
________________________________________________________________

Everyone was crying now, properly grieving. Ned and Dexter were holding each other, Anathema and Newt were comforting Agnes, who despite not knowing Cyrus long was struggling to see her crush so upset.Pepper and Adam were holding Delilah tightly, she'd lost everything now and she'd been hit the hardest. for her it was not a victory but a lose lose situation. she was for the first time in her life properly lost.

"come on, we should go in doors, it's getting late" Anathema suggested out of her kind heart, everyone was freezing and crying did not make it any better.they needed to warm up and cry in doors instead.

"no, you can't make me" Delilah had said quietly her voice hoarse from crying "I won't leave him"

"and you won't have to" a croaky voice spoke from the ground. Everyone looked towards he body to see Cyrus awake but weak. his skin pale and his grey eyes had black circles under them, in fact he looked like death but he was very much alive. "nice wings there Lila, didn't know you had those" he smiled at Delilah weakly

"Cyrus!" Delilah wrapped her arms around him with a cry of relief "you're alive"

"what gave it away?" Cyrus joked before Delilah pulled away and upon seeing her worn out look in her eyes "what the Heaven happened to you?"

"long story" 

"I'm sure I've got time"

"can you walk?"

"I think so, but you're going to have to help me"

Delilah nodded, smiling tiredly at Cyrus. she helped him up, and with one arm over her shoulder, they limped back to the house with the rest of the group.ready for the rest of their lives.
________________________________
*Pepper had in fact matured in the fourteen years since the apocalypse and was a bit more sensible but she still had the feminist Pepper spark she once had, especially after learning that God was a woman, and proving that the patriarchy had also reached new heights because every human assumed God was a man.

*Inside joke from when Delilah was little, when she had learned to spell her name properly she'd always introduce herself as 'Delilah, with two L's and a H' , which Adam found hilarious (also a technical reference to the DW episode Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks)