Epilogue: The Rest of Our Lives

One morning in July, Delilah Crowley stood with a smile in a park down the road from the small cottage her parents resided in Southern England. It had been two months since Aziraphale and Crowley had moved out to the South Downs and they seemed to be happy. Crowley still had the Bentley, and Aziraphale had kept his bookshop (although Delilah was the one who now looked after it) but they were mostly retired to the south. Apparently, it had been on the cards for years, ever since they took that one holiday there when she was five, but they wanted to wait until Delilah had finished primary school before they did anything and then they just- never found the time to move. So, now, thirteen years after they'd originally decided, they'd finally 'retired'.

Delilah did not mind about this arrangement. It did not effect her as much as she'd originally thought, of course, she was still residing in London, in the bookshop, along with Cyrus, and she was going to go to RADA (the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts), in London, in September, so it barely impacted her at all and she was happy for them.

So, why had she been staying over at Aziraphale and Crowley's for the summer if she'd been living with Cyrus and was going to remain in London anyway? Well the answer to that question was, that day, in July was a special day she'd been looking forward to for her entire life. For today was the day Delilah Crowley was going to get her happy ending and become Delilah Black.

Cyrus had proposed on Christmas Eve back two years ago. They'd been visiting Dexter and Ned's new home along with Agnes (who had become quite good friends with the three other members of the Loser Troupe) and he'd just dropped down on one knees in front of all of them after dinner and proposed and even though he didn't have a ring, and they were only sixteen and that she had no idea why Cyrus couldn't wait until they were eighteen or older to propose, she'd said yes, because they'd been best friends with each other for twelve years at that point and dating for three. But as expected, he had not told any of their family members he was planning this and naturally they'd been met with apprehension from both sides (mainly Cyrus' grandmother who hated Delilah and thought he was rushing into things and Crowley who just couldn't accept he would have to give away his only child and hated the idea of having to put up with family get together's with Cyrus' entire family) but once they'd explained to everyone that Delilah's stipulation was that, they wait until they both reached eighteen to actually tie the knot, everything was fine.

"ready to go my dear girl?" a voice whispered from her right as she was offered an arm. Aziraphale.

Aziraphale had thrown himself into helping with every single wedding preparation there was and Delilah had been grateful for it. In fact, He'd been more enthusiastic about it than Delilah was. he'd even been willing to pay for it, which had made Delilah more sure he just really enjoyed weddings.

"yeah? I think so?"

"you think so?"

"just nerves"

"there's nothing really to be nervous about"

"you're right, like always pa"

Delilah smiled and took Aziraphale's arm. taking a deep breathe they took the first step down the makeshift aisle to day of her dreams.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The ceremony was beautiful, like Aziraphale hoped it would be, nothing went amiss and everyone had a great time. the reception at a village hall was even more of a blast. the songs were a mix of modern (and by modern I mean 2000's-2010's music that both Delilah and Cyrus were fond of) and Queen (Delilah claimed it was just to please Crowley but that was a complete lie), the food was on point and the father of the bride speech Crowley had done made sure there wasn't a single dry eye in the room (including Crowley himself, although he'd be in denial for the rest of his life about it).