First and Last

Warning: Some scenes are not suitable for children below 18 years old. Sakura's super parental guidance is required. Read at your own risk.

Don't Have To

"Vivienne Eunice Brown." I said out loud.

My lips curved. I felt it shiver when I said her name. Nakita ko ang pangalan at litrato niya habang nakatingin sa papeles na binigay sa akin ni Papa. I don't know why he gave me files about different people but this girl caught my attention.

Umikot pa ang paningin ko at binasang buo ang papel. On the upper right corner of the paper is a red cross. Agad na sumimangot ang mukha ko. Dad said if a file has a red mark on top of it, it means he/she is an enemy. But this one is really marked with an 'x' as if giving an emphasis.

Naghanap pa ako ng ibang papel na ganoon ang marka ngunit wala na akong makita. My brows furrowed. What's up with her?

That night, I went to my father's office, holding her file on my right hand. I placed it on my father's desk and it made him look at me.

"Son." He acknowledged.

"Dad, why is her file crossed out?"

Tumingin siya roon bago ngumisi.

"She's a Brown, son." I heard distaste in his voice when he said her surname. "A rival in business and love. Why?"

Business and love?

"I think she's beautiful." I said.

Once again, I looked at her picture and I felt like I was drowning in her eyes. How can someone have a very alluring pair of eyes? Bumaba ang tingin ko sa labi niya. It's not big but it's not too small. I wonder what she'll look like in person.

I looked at my father and saw how his face darkened more. His brows met half way and his jaw tightly clenched. He grabbed the girl's file, crumpled it before throwing it. I was in shock with what he did.

I was still looking at the crumpled paper when my father started talking.

"You should never be with a Brown. They are ruthless, they will do everything they want even if it means breaking everyone surrounding them."

"Huh?" I wondered. If it's true then why is our business still booming?

"We are here in the Philippines because of them. They are the reason this family cannot be repaired, Son."

"I'm sure they can't hurt me."

He looked at the crumpled paper before shaking his head. "I'm not so sure about that."

That was the only thing that he said before dismissing me. I didn't stop there. I started looking for her, searching for her in social medias and when I finally found her, I found out that she's just 13 while I am 17. I've seen many videos she shared about dancing people. I thought she's just a fan of dancing until I saw her latest post of her, dancing.

It was so good that I've repeated it again and again. I didn't even realize that I had skipped my dinner.

Since then, I haven't had the chance to sleep properly. She dances so gracefully and elegant that you won't even fantasize about her in a sensual way. It was classy and everytime I see her in my dreams, I always see her scoff and roll her eyes at me. I chuckled.

Years passed by fast. I saw my younger sister go home with unshed tears in her face.

"What's wrong?" I calmly asked her.

She looked at me, shook her head and ran upstairs. My eyebrows raised. I don't believe her. Whenever she's upset, she always do everything to find something or someone to hug. Running upstairs means doing a drama.