Chapter 24

L I A M   B A X T E R

"Liam, can you tell Asher to stop telling me what to do!?" I look up from my cereal bowl to see Ashlyn stomping into the kitchen. I sigh and roll my eyes, and carry on eating my breakfast. "Are you listening to me?" Her diva attitude has been getting on my nerves lately. I drop my spoon and pay attention to her.

"What?" I ask her feeling bored. She sighs and rolls her eyes. She leans on her leg and folds her arms.

"If you had been listening, you would know" she says sassily and I raise an eyebrow.

"You know what, I have had enough of your attitude lately. You need to pipe down and remember who is older" I say sternly and she glares at me.

"Wow, very tense in here" I look up and see Ariana walk into the kitchen alongside Asher.

"What do you want?" I ask her, trying to contain my frustration. She laughs and tells the kids to finish off getting ready. They march out of the kitchen and Ariana places herself on a stool and gets a bowl full of Cheerios.

"I just want to know how your date went is all" she replies with a smirk on her face. I shrug and sit back down in my seat. "Anything interesting happen?" I know what she's trying to do. She wants gossip and I'm not going to give it to her.

"Maybe" I reply back bluntly.

"Anything interesting that was said?" I sigh and look up.

"I'm not going to tell you" she laughs humorously.

"Well unfortunately you don't have a choice. See, it's the deal. Hold up your end of the bargain" she says seriously. I smirk and shake my head.

"Actually, the deal was to find out why she left two years ago, that's all. And she told me" I reply back.

"And?" Her eyes go wide and she leans forward.

"And nothing. She just went away to get over her ex boyfriend who died" I reply back not saying anything else. He sighs and leans back in her seat.

"Bullshit. It's all an act. She lied to you." Ariana scowls as she fiddles with her fingers.

"And how would you know? What's your suspicion?" I ask her wanting to know. She smirks and folds her arms.

"I'll tell you, if you tell me everything about what you were taking about last night" I purse my lips and debate about the offer in my head. I smile and lean forward.

"Okay" I simply say and indicate with my index finger to lean forward and she does bubbling with excitement.

"So?" Her eyes are lit with astonishment.

"No chance" I say and get up and place my bowl in the sink. I walk out of the kitchen leaving her shocked and dumbfound.

"That wasn't funny!" She yells from the kitchen and I chuckle.

"Twins hurry up, we need to leave for school!" I shout and I hear footsteps running down the stairs. One by one they descend the stairs and put on their shoes and their jackets. I walk to Asher and tuck his shirt in and go to Ashlyn and help her with her laces. "Okay, we all set to go?" I ask them and they nod. "Good, Ari we're leaving" I yell to her and she appears from the threshold of the kitchen. She still has a scowl on her face as she barges past me. I chuckle and the twins look at me with confusion. I shrug and walk out of the door and lock it after the twins. We settle in my car and I begin to drive towards the towns primary school where the twins attend.

We arrive shortly after and I bid the twins goodbye and drive towards Grove academy.

•••••¥•••••